I got backed into :'(

Old 05-15-2006, 05:47 PM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

WoW that kills If you need a great paint guy I have one
Good luck and make them pay
Old 05-15-2006, 05:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by darkfx,May 15 2006, 06:34 PM
Why didn't you call the police? Since it was his fault, his insurance would pay for it all and you don't have to deal with yours..
Ha, well actually thats funny because RIGHT when it happened we both pulled forward off to the side and the next car that pulled in behind us was a cop He wrote a drivers exchange thing. He couldn't do anything else since it was on private property and not the county. But Ya, I DEFINANTLY don't want to have to pay for this. I'm already 18 driving a red convertable sports car, could you imagine how high my insurance would go...

Who is the truck driver's insurance carrier? Do not call your insurer unless you plan to file the claim with them (in which case you will have to pay the deductable). File the claim on his insurance. Call them immediately and let them know that one of their insureds backed into you while you were sitting still in a parking lot.
About this... I think he called his insurance already, I hope he didn't call mine though because it is NOT my fault. I was just sitting still. And his insurance is USAA. My dad is calling his insurance company tomorrow (with me around so I can learn and be released into the wild )

And BTW please before anything goes on about my age. I BOUGHT THIS CAR BY MYSELF WITH MY EARNED MONEY, so please don't go there please
Old 05-15-2006, 06:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sux man.. hope it get repaired right and u have some extra cash for some mods =)
Old 05-15-2006, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by bzyrice,May 15 2006, 09:38 PM
sux man.. hope it get repaired right and u have some extra cash for some mods =)
I would freakin DIE if I had to pay for the repair. I'm saving to get a Supercharger soon and that would just plain SUCK.
Old 05-15-2006, 07:05 PM

I'm pretty sure if you bitch enough his insurance will pay, good luck bro and let us know what happens
Old 05-15-2006, 07:06 PM

Question

SUX MAN!!

Welcome to the club. i am a two time recipient of someones rear end.

Claim with the truck drivers insurance company immediately and take the car WHERE YOU WANT, NOT WHO THEY WANT. They are obligated to fix your to original shape using the vendor of your choice and if that means a paint job (which it does, no doubt) to not accept the vehicle back until you are 100% satisfied.

When the paint job is complete make sure you see the car in direct sunlight to make sure the colors match well, it will probably never be perfect but it sure can be damn good, run your hand across the finish of the repaired areas and check for grit or flakes of dirt or anything caught in the clearcoat. If you find something you dont like make them do it again.

Do not let them pressure you into taking the vehicle if you have ANY reservations about the finish or quality.

Get estimates ASAP and dont accept a check from the insurance company if they want to give it to you directly. Make them wait until you have all the information you need to get the job done right.

Honda is only going to pass the car along to thier third party painter in most cases, but, they may be able to match the color the easiest or best so, I would say go with them if you are comfortable with the dealership in your area.

If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask in here. there are plenty of guys and gals around here with experience to help you make educated decisions.

Sorry dude, let me know if I can help out

RoB
Old 05-15-2006, 07:13 PM
Former Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Since your dad is going to handle filing the claim with the insurance, I'll give some advice for your next steps...

Use one of the USAA preferred repair shops. They should have a list (most large insurance companies like USAA do). Ask about the benefits of using one of their preferred shops...usually, they guarantee the work. If you use a shop that is not one of their preferreds then you have to work everythng out with the shop you choose...if they screw something up, it will be up to you to fight it out with the shop.

When you get the car go over it very carefully. Get up close and look for crap in the paint (dust, insects, etc) or fish eyes or orange peel, etc. Do not accept the car if if is not right...a preferred shop will have to satisfy you. BTW...they may have your car for a while...so, you will be tempted to look at it from a few feet away for a couple of seconds and grab the keys to go (and you will be sorry the first time you wax after you get it back cuz you will find something wrong).

Be patient...but do not take crap from the adjuster or the shop. They should provide a rental for the entire time the car is in the shop. The shop will have to give a due date...if they run late or have to do re-work cuz you found a problem they will try to stick you with either returning the rental early or paying for the extra days yourself. Push back on that HARD.

Never lose your cool...talk clearly and logically with the adjuster and the shop...but be firm.

Good luck...
Old 05-15-2006, 07:27 PM

sage advice right there. And dont let up on that rental car thing either.
Old 05-15-2006, 07:27 PM

wish your S the best!!!
Old 05-15-2006, 07:33 PM

Thank you guys for all the helpful info. All this is new to me so it is a VERY big help. You guys/gals are the best group. Thank you so much! My main concern though is this, Is there ANY way he can make me end up paying because of Florida No-Fault law?

Quick Reply: I got backed into :'(