Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

I bought a lip

Old 12-26-2006 | 03:51 PM

Default I bought a lip

So I bought the "amuse style" front lip from Webstore a few months ago, and I just received it today.

I expected a long thin package but instead received a box with a tri-folded serran-wrapped item that I'm afraid to put on my front bumper. It has the 3m adhesive and the shape of the tri-fold bends worry me. I'm not sure if the bends will be stronger than the adhesive. I took some pics, so please tell me what you guys think. Should I send it back, or is this typical (or acceptable) for a front lip? It's also scuffed up around the edges and a sort of pliable plastic.

Old 12-26-2006 | 04:01 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Not sure how the fittment would be... doesnt look like it will fit well.... If i was you.. i would send it back and get a real amuse Lip.. but just my two cents..
Old 12-26-2006 | 04:14 PM
20 Year Member

send it back and get it from some other better store
Old 12-26-2006 | 04:21 PM

wow, just wow. I too have bought items from webestore before and must say that his packaging is subpar to say the least. I received a glove box I purchased and it had tabs broken off and bent, it was wrapped in two t-shirts and some saran wrap around it...no box.

I'd be pretty annoyed if I received a lip that was folded up like a piece of spaghetti inside some clear wrap. Good luck with that, I am almost positive that the lip will never regain it's original shape 100%.
Old 12-26-2006 | 04:27 PM

yikes. i highly highly doubt it will go back to its original shape
Old 12-26-2006 | 04:33 PM

A little heat and some time and it'll work out fine. Almost all polyurithane (sp) lips will come to you like that. It's how companies save on shipping
Old 12-26-2006 | 04:58 PM

Unfold it and set it out in your back yard or driveway on the next sunny day.

it should come back most of the way if not fully. after you do that, (depending on how much it comes back) a good body shop should be able to work into the rest of the shape. they will bitch about poly pieces like that but they can work with it.

It is true that most sellers of vinyl parts like that will fold the hell out them to save on shipping. it sux, but most do it.
Old 12-26-2006 | 05:46 PM

Thanks for the input. I'll probably take Brian and Rob's advice and see what I can do, then send it back if it doesn't turn out right. Keep ya posted.
Old 12-26-2006 | 05:47 PM

BTW: Clean tile Cheryl! Micheal does a good job keeping it clean. kudos.
Old 12-26-2006 | 05:58 PM

thats the way they all come... wrapped for packing... lay it in the sun for about 10 mins in the right shape(making taped on car) in sun and then itl be perfetc.. its plastic.

as far as the edges being a lil rough... thats from wher the plastic was injected.. body shop takes care of that.

i have the same lip on car and in my room brand new folded up...
came same way... and looks perfect. its plastic and when folded back if u bothered to set it on floor or car you'd see it goes right back.

real amuse is fiberglass and with my ride height itd be broke ina week.
riley

Quick Reply: I bought a lip