Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Hurricane Frances

Old 09-04-2004, 07:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

11pm forecast now shows 12" of rain in orlando... The thing is hardly moving! going to take 10 hours to move thru martin county!
Old 09-05-2004, 11:30 AM

Lots of wind and rain here in Valrico. Gusts are starting to be more frequent. I've got lots of tree limbs down in the front yard and one thats dangling by thread over the cars in the driveway. Power just flickered a bit for the first time so I'm outta here, be safe everyone...
Old 09-05-2004, 04:04 PM

powers out right now in lake city, im just glad i have my pc phone. dont know what i would do without it lol
Old 09-06-2004, 01:37 PM

Anyone know whats going on in the Ocala Area? My mother in law is there and we haven't heard anything yet?
Old 09-06-2004, 02:56 PM

<--------Suckin' in Larghetto! I lost all the fencing around my house. All money now going to replacing that so no Dragon Run or future mods for a while.

Could have been worse for us though.

Many around us had problems with thier roofing and trees being knocked down.
Old 09-06-2004, 03:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Finally got electricty back in Jax. We went out Sunday around lunch and got it back around 5:30 today. Plus the phone has been out. Lots of wind and small branches around our house. Nothing of concern luckily. We have the 1st or 2nd most wooded lot that currently has a house on it in our subdivision. Quite a few in our neighborhood had what few trees they had come down in some fashion. Lots of wood piled up around here. In fact, the guy across the street had an entire water oak, probably about 50ft tall crash onto his house and into his living room and master. We removed what we could and nailed down a tarp around the rest to help prevent some rain from getting in. HUGE mess for the guy but I must admit he has a fabulous attitude about the whole thing and was very upbeat about the help and passed out beer at the end. You hate getting to know people through things like this but it's also nice to know the community comes together. Hope everyone is doing well around Florida. Let's all hope Ivan goes somewhere other than Florida this time.
Old 09-06-2004, 07:20 PM

nzaizar and I are alright... it wasn't that heavy here. We're leaving our boards up over this upcoming weekend though with the next storm coming for us. I hope everyone is doing alright and that no serious damage occured. We finally got our cable and internet access back tonight, so we lucked out in the big scheme of things.
Old 09-07-2004, 07:53 AM

We finally got out of the house Monday afternoon after the storm passed for the most part. Got some photos of the area. Nothing too dramatic, but I thought Bayshore looked pretty wet when the wind shifted and pushed all the water back into the bay.

Below are just random photos. We didn't really go out of our way looking for anything. Just wanted to get out of the house and drive.

Old 09-07-2004, 10:05 AM

looks pretty bad!...I didn't get a chance myself to get out and look around
Old 09-07-2004, 01:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's some crazy stuff, Dave!

Quick Reply: Hurricane Frances