Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Hurricane Frances

Old 09-03-2004, 08:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The forcast has changed. heading south who knows what tommorrow will bring.

I'm stayin' put, too.

I don't have to worry about rain flooding my house, i live on a barrier island.

The S is in the garage, the house hunkered down. I'm at about 15 ft over sea level, and with the half moon tommorrow, I should be fine with only about 5 feet of storm surge projected for new smyrna. The rain and wind won't be bad because there's not many trees. I've got a concrete home with tie downs. Me and the missus will be fine.

So, I'm riding it out at home.... so far. If she turns north again, I'm going to Sanford, which isn't much better.

My thoughts go out to all of you that are taking it on the chin. It's going to last a long time, Charley was hauling ass, Florence is taking her time. So be prepared to not leave the house for most of the day. Be patient.

Debris is not your friend.

best of luck

-bill
Old 09-03-2004, 08:32 PM

oh yeah, btw here's great site for hurricane info.
Old 09-04-2004, 05:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Willie Gee,Sep 4 2004, 12:08 AM
If she turns north again, I'm going to Sanford, which isn't much better.
Bill, if the storm turns more north, bring Denise & come to Ft. Lauderdale! We've got extra room.

I'll PM you my cell #.
Old 09-04-2004, 08:28 AM

This is one moment when I'm happy my car is still in the shop... Good luck to everyone. This may not be as bad as many of us thought, but it's gonna be rough. I only hope Ivan dies out at sea and doesn't make it here... 3 is the magical number...
Old 09-04-2004, 08:56 AM

glad to hear everyone is keeping thier cars safe. That's great to hear.

There's an s2k owner, a white one, who left his/her car out in the driveway totally naked in NSB! With oaks all around. ouch! My vinnie man can take it, but the S, NO WAY! She's not made to take flying debris on the skin.

J-girl- thanks for the offer but I think we'll be fine. We still have power and internet. Plus if that wind turns offshore, ahem...it's time to surf. But that won't be until the storm pretty much passes by.

So far the surf has been big but uber choppy, today: totally unreasonable to ride.

best of luck to all!

-bill
Old 09-04-2004, 10:31 AM

Be safe everyone, I am going to unplug here soon and hunker down. S is in a local parking garage at the courthouse so she should be O.K.
Old 09-04-2004, 12:59 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad everyone is doing well. Chime in as you can. We're looking good in Jax. Possible wind apparently in the next 48 hours which makes me nervous with all of these trees but if someone needs to jet north we have an extra room if needed. Be safe.

~Shay
Old 09-04-2004, 01:45 PM

Checking in from Plant City (just east of Tampa). Things are quiet here but we just had a blast from a rain band. It was pretty intense. I can't even imagine what we're in for. I was outside look at the trees wondering which one will fall on my house first. I just can't stand being a prisioner in my own home.

Bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored!!!!!!!
Old 09-04-2004, 04:17 PM

It's not so bad here just a couple gusts up to 55- so far and about a inch of rain. After this weekend I know for sure that all my free time is OVER!! I guess that's the price you pay when you work for a roofing-air conditioning & sheetmetal company.

Be safe and take care !
Old 09-04-2004, 06:04 PM

Orlando is doing ok as of right now... we've had rain and moderate gusts off and on for a while now... it's actually been pretty eeire how calm it's seemed thus far... We're supposed to really feel it by 7am tommorrow morning...

Quick Reply: Hurricane Frances