Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Holiday in Florida / Miami 24 Dezember 2010

Old 08-30-2010, 02:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Holiday in Florida / Miami 24 Dezember 2010

Hi@all,

my name is Jan. I am from Gemany and will come to Miami for holiday at 24.Dezemer this year with my wife Tina. We will stay at Florida for 2 weeks and are plannig to travel with a rented car. Key West, Everglades etc.

What I am intrested in is, if the are any S2000 owners in Miami who can give us some advises.

rent a car?
hotel?
point of interest?
bar?
how is chrismas time in Miami and is there anything we have to see or to do in this spezail time?

I hope my english I not so bad and I hope, you will give some answers.

Best greetings from rainy Germany

Jan
Old 08-30-2010, 04:13 AM

The beauty of Miami is that you have so many options! Of course, Miami Beach is always a popular spot during the holidays (or any time of the year). If you're interested in staying on the beach, I'd recommend finding a hotel somewhere north of 30th street just to save a few bucks. South Beach isn't far but it'll be a lot more expensive.

For cars, there are tons of convertible Mustangs and Sebrings available for rent. They're definitely the specialty rental down here. And for enjoying the sun and warm weather, they're probably a good choice. One of those will make the drive down to Key West very nice too. And for hotels in Key West, look for places around Duval Street. If you're near there, almost everything worth doing is within walking distance. Also, check out the Sunset Celebration at Mallory Square.

Generally, there's nothing special to do in South Florida during the holidays. It's not quite New York in that regard. But you'll enjoy the warm weather, for sure.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:14 PM

That sounds good. How long do we have to drive from Miami to the Everglades? And is it possible to book a ride with a hovercraft by internet?

Than a question about xmas. In Germany, the 24.12. is that day, where the families stay together and most of the bars and restaurant are closed. How is this in Miami? If we arrive at 24.12. is it possible to go in for something?
Old 08-31-2010, 04:31 PM
ado

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

December 25 (Christmas Day) is the big holiday in the US. Many restaurants and stores will be closed but you can still find ones that will be open.

While in the Keys, I would recommend a visit to Bahia Honda State Park.
http://www.floridastateparks.org/bahiahonda/
or
http://www.bahiahondapark.com/

It has, in my opinion, one of the best beaches in the Keys.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:05 PM

Yesterday we got our tickets . We arrive at Miami at 8 pm. Oh good, we will be outside of the aiport at 9 pm. I think, it will be the best to drive by taxi to the hotel and hope, that we can pick up the rented car at 25.12.