Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

High Volume S2000 Oil Pump

Old 11-24-2008, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High Volume S2000 Oil Pump

Hey all, i was wondering where i could get a high vol oil pump for my turbo setup.

i was reading on the forums and saw that 2NRwerks sells one.

I was wondering if they are still available or if there were any reviews on the product.

Also, is there any way i could contact them? tried to visit the website but it's no longer available.

THANKS!
Old 11-24-2008, 01:31 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Why would you need one? Most of the time you need to run a resticter becasue of too much oil pressure on turbos in hondas. You have plenty of oil pressure already
Old 11-24-2008, 01:47 PM

that did not helpfully answer my questions.

i've already tried everything, and i do have a restricter on the oil feed to the turbo. my problem is noise comming from the chain tensioner.

i feel like i'm not getting enough oil pressure to the tensioner which is causing this ticking noise. the ticking, in all probablity, is comming from slack in the chain (not tightness). now, i know you're probably thinking that it's the tensioner itself.. i replaced that already and have checked for a possible spun bearing and any issue with the bottom end.

I have also tried the "clocking the timing cog" deal and that didn't help either. so, i'd appreciate it if you would please just help me find the answer i'm looking for
Old 11-24-2008, 02:28 PM

Sorry, this isn't the answer you were looking for, but do you know what your oil pressure actually is?

does the ticking go away as you rev the engine up, or does it just get worse?

have you somehow ruled out the possibiltiy of a slightly twisted rod, or a bent valve, or a cracked sleeve? how about a loose valve adjustment on one of the rockers? have you checked those clearances?

Anyway, sorry, i don't know of any "high flow" pumps... the OEM pump flows a LOT and makes more than enough pressure (actually, the pump could make more than it does by chimming the bypass spring, but my motor for instance hits the peak pressure allowed by the spring well before VTEC, and from then on it maintains pressure since the extra is being bypassed... much like a wastegate on a turbo setup would function...
Old 11-24-2008, 02:29 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan4601,Nov 24 2008, 02:47 PM

i've already tried everything, and i do have a restricter on the oil feed to the turbo. my problem is noise comming from the chain tensioner.

i feel like i'm not getting enough oil pressure to the tensioner which is causing this ticking noise. the ticking, in all probablity, is comming from slack in the chain (not tightness). now, i know you're probably thinking that it's the tensioner itself.. i replaced that already and have checked for a possible spun bearing and any issue with the bottom end.

I have also tried the "clocking the timing cog" deal and that didn't help either. so, i'd appreciate it if you would please just help me find the answer i'm looking for
Just trying to help you out but sounds like you know plenty already. So if you think an oil pump will fix your problem then have at it Call S&R performance in Tampa i'm sure they will be glad to sell you what ever you need. Does that help?
Old 11-24-2008, 06:14 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Tensioner niose might be an indicator of the tensioner being shot .
Old 11-24-2008, 06:17 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

There are several people wihin the forums here that have replace one tensioner after another only to have to replace the replacement after just a few weeks . I would not be so quik to jump on people for chiming in .
Old 11-24-2008, 06:26 PM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

I have a new high volume oil pump sitting on the shelf still in plastic. Shoot me a PM for price
Old 11-24-2008, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Ryan4601,Nov 24 2008, 02:47 PM

Take it easy mate, the guys who have answered you (Blacknot & ComposiMo) are all very knowledgeable MECHANICS.

Granted you asked for a source for a high volume oil pump however these guys know what they are talking about. No need to jump them for their informed response to your post.

Good Luck solving the problem.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:11 PM

i didn't mean it to sound like that. If i came off sounding like an ass, i apologize right here, upfront.

Listen, i tried everthing i can think of. I'm a pretty thorough guy with a decent knowledge of car parts. It's sucks because it seems you get flamed for doing the search and finding everything you can, then asking questions.. and really, the response would be the same if i had just come out and asked blind.

Anyway, I have already ruled out a spun bearing, cracked sleeve, twisted rod, and have adjusted the valves multiple times. mechanically, the car runs fine.. it just makes noise. This problem began after i had installed a cometic 2mm head gasket and the oil jet bolt squirters. (professionally, by a reputable shop of course)

We've pinpointed the noise with an engine stethoscope to the chain tensioner area, not the bottom end, not the valves. I've also checked all of the oil lines for any sort of obstruction. So, naturally I thought that the fix was easy, change the TCT. No dice. change it again, still no dice. So if the fix is not the TCT itself, must be something else.

I got to reading more on teh forums, and saw that if it was an TCT issue, it would in all likelyhood not make the noise at cold start (where oil press is highest) and then as the car warmed up, it would start. This is not the case. So, i got to thinking that maybe, somehow, the tensioner wasn't recieving adequate oil pressure to tighten the chain. therefore, i could bump up the oil pressure as people do with their race cars, through shimming.. now i'm by no means an expert in this department which is why i was asking if they sell them preassembled.. (as cosworth does with subaru's). I'm sorry if i rushed the post title, i mean a higher pressure pump. I know the s2k oil pump is very good.. the k20 guys use a modifid version to rev to 10k rpm! but what i'm wondering, is it possible that i'm getting a normal oil pressure reading from my defi gauge and somehow the head isn't getting enough oil somehow?

I dont understand why it's making this noise.. the only thing that i associate to something physically different from a stock motor, is the head gasket. maybe it has something to do with the increased deck height? but shit, 2mm? that's such a little amount. am i wrong?

Quick Reply: High Volume S2000 Oil Pump