Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Hey Triman54: BMW X6

Old 09-11-2007, 04:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey Triman54: BMW X6

A little birdie told me that this car will debut their Twin-Turbo V8. As long as it dosent drive like a Tahoe, I'm sure it will be a hit!! 2009 BMW X6

Old 09-11-2007, 04:56 PM

wow. sexy.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Devious.,Sep 11 2007, 04:56 PM
wow. sexy.
If someone put a curse on me and condemned me to only driving BMW's my garage would look like this:

BMW 135i/M1- Track Car
E92 M3- Daily Driver
BMW X6- Grocery getter

I'm sure I would get by somehow.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:04 PM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

ugh, I'm looking to getting a FX35 and this comes out... damn you BMW!
Old 09-11-2007, 06:08 PM

I personally like the fx35 with a stillen SC on it....i love the VQ engines.... VQ =< F20
Old 09-11-2007, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by AznCantonS2k,Sep 11 2007, 06:08 PM
I personally like the fx35 with a stillen SC on it....i love the VQ engines.... VQ =< F20
Are those Infiniti VQ engines straight from other Nissans? I've seen some reviews that says the new accord V6 is smoother shifting and more refined that the Nissan Altima's. I wonder if that is the same case with the FX engines.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:28 PM

NO way....the VQ engine is amazing, it's just still new....i used to own a yellow 350z (05) before the s2k...it's a very torquey and responsive engine. my mom has a fx but it's stock with sport package. and whether the fx has 2 people or 6 people riding with luggage in the back the car pulls hard!!! The vq engine is in the Altima se-r, 350z, maxima, g35 sedan and coupe, fx35, and m35..
Old 09-11-2007, 06:36 PM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

yeah I saw video of a stage 1 SC on the FX and its badass, but stock would just be perfect... need to sell my car! need my comfy crossover !
Old 09-11-2007, 06:45 PM

Aesthetically, the BMW X6 reminds me of an article I once read by the noted critic and writer for the New Yorker Pauline Kale; the article was entitled, "The Importance of Being Madonna".

Kale's point was that much of what Madonna did was merely designed to keep her in the public eye because Madonna realized that, once people stopped talking about her (whether good or bad), she would be irrelevant.

This X6 is designed much the same...it is entirely too self-absorbed. Frankly, I do not even think it is particularly attractive. It kind of looks Asian...like it could be from Kia or Hyundai, if the badge were changed. Surely, you will have to admit that its design is not as well resolved as a 3 Series touring or even a 5 Series touring--the latter a car which looks much better as a wagon than as a sedan. I bet its not as space efficient as either model.

What separates the X6 from, say a Toureg, is that the Toureg succeeds in looking classey without really trying. It is effortlessly elegant. If the Toureg is Carey Grant, the X6 is Liberace--both stand out in a crowd, but not necessarily for the right reasons.

I will admit that the X6 is visually unique, but then again, I suspect the designer was trying to make the following statement: "It's better to be despised than forgotten."
Old 09-11-2007, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by triman54,Sep 11 2007, 06:45 PM
Aesthetically, the BMW X6 reminds me of an article I once read by the noted critic and writer for the New Yorker Pauline Kale; the article was entitled, "The Importance of Being Madonna".

Kale's point was that much of what Madonna did was merely designed to keep her in the public eye because Madonna realized that, once people stopped talking about her (whether good or bad), she would be irrelevant.

This X6 is designed much the same...it is entirely too self-absorbed. Frankly, I do not even think it is particularly attractive. It kind of looks Asian...like it could be from Kia or Hyundai, if the badge were changed. Surely, you will have to admit that its design is not as well resolved as a 3 Series touring or even a 5 Series touring--the latter a car which looks much better as a wagon than as a sedan. I bet its not as space efficient as either model.

What separates the X6 from, say a Toureg, is that the Toureg succeeds in looking classey without really trying. It is effortlessly elegant. If the Toureg is Carey Grant, the X6 is Liberace--both stand out in a crowd, but not necessarily for the right reasons.

I will admit that the X6 is visually unique, but then again, I suspect the designer was trying to make the following statement: "It's better to be despised than forgotten."
Ahh. Thanks for chiming in!! Well even Bangle himself has said that his designs do not look great in photos. I agree with him. I dont get excited when I see them in magazines but when those angel eyes roll up behind me thats another story. It seems the board has the utmost confidence in Mr. Bangle and he isnt going anywhere. I feel bad for those that cant stand where the company's styling is heading.

***Interesting enough, this is the first BMW for a looong time to get such positive responses all over the net. Yeah its not very practical but I dont think anybody really cares. Its a fashion statement more than anything. And with a possible Twin-Turbo V8, a fashion statement that goes likes to boogie.

Quick Reply: Hey Triman54: BMW X6