Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

help fighting traffic ticket

Old 01-25-2008, 01:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Onehots2k,Jan 25 2008, 04:28 PM
I think we need ''Triman54'' to chime in on this. Where the hell are ya Pops?? He might charge you for this internet information...though...lol
Triman might be offended by request... I believe he practices REAL law.

Follow my earlier advice... call a traffic attorney. If my 90 in a 65 that I got from FHP, when I was clear as day radared by him can get thrown out with no repurcussions, I'm SURE they can get you off this stupid little ticket.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by SiCK HONDA,Jan 25 2008, 02:05 PM
Triman might be offended by request... I believe he practices REAL law.

Follow my earlier advice... call a traffic attorney. If my 90 in a 65 that I got from FHP, when I was clear as day radared by him can get thrown out with no repurcussions, I'm SURE they can get you off this stupid little ticket.
Haha...damn you were making goood time.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The sad part is that this is my first ticket in 6 years. On top of that, im turning 25 next month, which is suppose to save me on insurance!

I'm not even sure if i stopped or not at the stop sign. I am writing a letter explaining to the court that i did stop but only for a brief moment; but obviously not long "enough" for the cop to see that i stopped. And since he was behind me, it was harder for him to see that i actually stopped. Hopefully my clean record will work in my favor.

the cop was a young guy and definitely was having a bad day.
Old 01-25-2008, 02:20 PM

I wonder if I can fight my Georgia speeding ticket and get somewhere...I rather not have to take off work to go up there. I wonder how many more years they are going to have that "work zone" on 95

Hope you can get yours thrown out vteconly.
Old 01-25-2008, 03:36 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by vteconly,Jan 25 2008, 02:45 PM
The sad part is that this is my first ticket in 6 years. On top of that, im turning 25 next month, which is suppose to save me on insurance!

I'm not even sure if i stopped or not at the stop sign. I am writing a letter explaining to the court that i did stop but only for a brief moment; but obviously not long "enough" for the cop to see that i stopped. And since he was behind me, it was harder for him to see that i actually stopped. Hopefully my clean record will work in my favor.

the cop was a young guy and definitely was having a bad day.
the whole 25 thing is Bullshit , expect to sae about 20 bucks a year . I have a gu inHillsborough , ieth Warshofsky 813 6368886
Old 01-25-2008, 06:09 PM

I'm an X-Deputy from Hernando County. If the stop sign was on Walmart property then try and fight it... hell fight it anyway you got nothing to lose, unless you got a bad driving record? and the judge hands you your ass.? But to tell you the truth the cop wouldnt issue the ticket if he didnt know the property lines and a judge is going to tell you, on Walmart property or not stop means complete stop, even more so in a parking lot where people are walking. Find out if where you were stopped is County maintained or not? In court its your word vs the cops word, the judge will leave it up to the cop, who might reduce the charge, especally if he has a weak case or it occured on Walmart property. Remember Walmart has a lot of cameras and if the cop wips out the video after you just told the judge you stopped, and you didnt, well then you might be going to the big house for not telling the truth under oath. Walmart will wip out a dvd for the cops in secconds, and there is a good chance if it took place in range of the Walmart video the cop already got a copy, he probly has a video in his car, the new cameras you cant see!! Just have all your ducks in a row. I would just pay it and take the class. It's going to be hard to prove you did come to a complete stop. Good Luck
Old 01-25-2008, 07:32 PM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

This is what you need

Without making an excuse or admitting any wrong doing explain your side and why you are not guilty.

Good luck
Old 01-25-2008, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by S2KPUDDYDAD,Jan 25 2008, 08:32 PM
This is what you need

Without making an excuse or admitting any wrong doing explain your side and why you are not guilty.

Good luck
Old 02-03-2008, 11:49 PM

Funny, I got pulled over for "blowing through a four-way stop" while I was leaving 2NRWERKS. I'm not from there so I don't remember the names of the roads there but I don't think I was even on the street he listed on the ticket. I was thinking of going to court and fighting it. I've been once and the officer did not show up so I don't have any experience making a case, but I'm positive I did stop at every stop sign I came to; it may not have been for the full 2~3 seconds though. Any ideas?
Old 02-04-2008, 07:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 02FLSpecV,Feb 4 2008, 12:49 AM
Funny, I got pulled over for "blowing through a four-way stop" while I was leaving 2NRWERKS. I'm not from there so I don't remember the names of the roads there but I don't think I was even on the street he listed on the ticket. I was thinking of going to court and fighting it. I've been once and the officer did not show up so I don't have any experience making a case, but I'm positive I did stop at every stop sign I came to; it may not have been for the full 2~3 seconds though. Any ideas?
from what i've read in the florida statute, on where did it state the specific amount of time that your vehicle needed to be stopped. I think you'd have a case if you did actually stop even for a millisecond.

Quick Reply: help fighting traffic ticket