Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Group Buy: Innovative Engine Mounts From Evasive!

Old 03-11-2009, 11:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks like Brent tried it with heat wrap and it still did not stand the heat. Not sure what kind of wrap.

Originally Posted by brentd2319,Feb 12 2009, 08:03 PM
hope nobody is going to be using these mounts on a turbo application vehicle, the passenger side mount does not stand up to heat very well......
as seen below....
these are the pics before the car even made it to the dyno, which means the back housing of the turbo never reached its full temp.
since the first mount melted, ive since wrapped it, built a heat shield covered in heat tape & heat wrap and it did the same exact thing within 2 weeks, other than it melting, was very happy with them.. worst case seniaro you have to use a factory mount on the passenger side....

Old 03-11-2009, 01:16 PM

If it were me, i'd:

1. Get the turbo housing ceramic coated (costs about $75 or so)

2. Buy a turbo blanket to put over that (the fitted aluminized-fiber wrap that DEI sells)

3. Build a small heat shield out of aluminum, and cover it with this stuff using spray adhesive, so it effectively blocks the turbo heat.

You can use the bolt on the mount to mount the heat shield to... just a small rectangle piece with a tab welded on it so it bolts to the mount...

But thats just me... The heatshield by itself with that heat wrapping material i linked to should be enough to block it... the coating and the turbo wrap are just extras that'll ensure it'll work great.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by ComposiMo,Mar 11 2009, 01:16 PM
If it were me, i'd:

1. Get the turbo housing ceramic coated (costs about $75 or so)

2. Buy a turbo blanket to put over that (the fitted aluminized-fiber wrap that DEI sells)

3. Build a small heat shield out of aluminum, and cover it with this stuff using spray adhesive, so it effectively blocks the turbo heat.

You can use the bolt on the mount to mount the heat shield to... just a small rectangle piece with a tab welded on it so it bolts to the mount...

But thats just me... The heatshield by itself with that heat wrapping material i linked to should be enough to block it... the coating and the turbo wrap are just extras that'll ensure it'll work great.
Great ideas! Thanks. I already have the mani and turbo coated by swaintech white lightening.

Just need the other materials, I will keep everyone posted... or make a new thread if its too off topic. Thanks again!
Old 03-11-2009, 01:54 PM

Still waiting for mine..........I don't know if this is how things normally run over there but I'm really disappointed.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:30 PM

Yea, i'm not sure why they can't make these mounts faster than this, especially when they know they need to make several sets... Its not like they are overly complicated...

Oh, btw, for anyone buying this mount kit, they are sending these mount kits out with the trans bolt installed backwards... lol! The bolt that goes through the polyurethane bushings on the trans mount, remove the bolt, and run it through the mount the opposite way... the threads should be towards the ground. The reason for this is there isn't enough clearance for the nut between the bracket and the tranny case... the head of the bolt is about 1/10th of an inch shorter, and juuuust barely clears the trans...
Old 03-11-2009, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by ComposiMo,Mar 11 2009, 02:30 PM
Yea, i'm not sure why they can't make these mounts faster than this, especially when they know they need to make several sets... Its not like they are overly complicated...

Oh, btw, for anyone buying this mount kit, they are sending these mount kits out with the trans bolt installed backwards... lol! The bolt that goes through the polyurethane bushings on the trans mount, remove the bolt, and run it through the mount the opposite way... the threads should be towards the ground. The reason for this is there isn't enough clearance for the nut between the bracket and the tranny case... the head of the bolt is about 1/10th of an inch shorter, and juuuust barely clears the trans...
i noticed this too, we ended up just cutting some threads off and kept the head on the bottom side. which still barely clears the trans like you said.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:54 PM

BTW: I love mine.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:28 AM

I just got mine yesterday. I can't wait to put them in. Does anybody have any torque specs on these though? I really don't want something to rattle loose and cause problems.
Old 03-21-2009, 03:00 AM

I am not so sure i care for the mounts, benifit vs irritation, so if someone wants a set i'll pull mine off.
Old 03-21-2009, 04:26 AM

just got mine yesterday. Last time I buyanything by innovative. Evasive: thanks for your diligence in trying your best to get these to me.