Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Got oem red seat skins put on. Now real loose

Old 10-08-2009 | 08:05 PM
Former Sponsor

Oh sorry no he said he put the rings back how they were before and the result was that they were loose.
Before the seats were as tight as could be.
He keeps trying to say that they leather must be stretched out or something which I highly doubt.
Yeah when I got it back I mentioned that they were loose and he said they would tighten up quickly with the FL weather. Humidity would not tighten them up, it would be them drying up not getting moist to tighten I would assume.
Old 10-09-2009 | 02:19 AM

Something doesn't sound right...I'm betting on a bad install.

Oh and if the overall outcome is negative can you post the name of the shop so we will know not to go there for our seat skin stretching?
Old 10-28-2009 | 08:54 AM
Former Sponsor

Ok well guys been busy. Talked to him today and he said he could do it this weekend.
The guy keeps saying how they must have been real loose. I explained that it seems they just needed to be pulled tighter before putting the hog rings back in.
He then said he could try that but it would probably put holes in the leather?????
Guy is ****en nuts. Now I don't think I want to take it back to him to **** it up even more.
Talked to him about the foam missing on the right bolster and he said ah yeah must have come off after install....
Guy sucks plain and simple.
So I would rather say **** him and try it myself.
Anyone here near Orlando or Tampa area or anything familiar at all with tightening the seat covers that could help out? I could buy [pizza or beers or a little money if needed or anything.
Just pissed off and don't want this guy to mess my seats up anymore then he already has...
Seems all shops around me think it is ok to do decent or crappy work at best. No one understands perfection in my area. Want it right guess you gotta do it yourself it seems.