Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Good S2000 turn out at Gainesville Mini Prix

Old 04-10-2004, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good S2000 turn out at Gainesville Mini Prix

Was everyone there from this board? I saw a couple of people I recognized from the forums.

Post your times and what type of rubber you were on......

My best time I believe was a 66.2 done with a bone stock 2003 on factory S02's. I got beat out in C Stock by a Boxster running on Michelin Pilot Cup tires

*Note - all my runs were done without launching the car.
Old 04-11-2004, 03:59 AM

I was there. My first time. So, I won't post my times. I was in the Spa that did that cool spin out near the finish line, on my would have been best time.

I was on stock tires with 13.5k miles on them. Each tire was also low 6 pounds for my first three runs. After the third run/spin out, Scott put air in my tires and I ran much better, but more conservative since I had just spun out. Knocked my side strake loose too taking out all those cones with it.

Scott, Todd, and Nate were also there from these boards. I'll hopefully have some photos up later on tonight.
Old 04-11-2004, 05:57 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Dave - were you trying to copy my Lil' 500 cart spin outs from the Super Meet? One of these days I'll try some stuff like this but I'd prefer to wait until the S is my 3rd car. She's still my daily driver and over 40k miles with new tread going on Monday.

Glad you guys had fun!
Shay
Old 04-11-2004, 06:42 AM

It was nice to meet you Chris. I think it was a great turnout...about 7 S2000's. I got beat out by Todd & an older Porsche 911T. My best run was a 64.XX, & I ran on Kuhmo Victoracers. It didn't seem to matter much, because there was no time to warm them up.
Scott
Old 04-11-2004, 08:58 AM

Yep, I was there. I finished 3rd out of 15 in the Stock Novice class (ahead of Dave ). I was running my stock 01' S2K with the S02's and 34psi in all four tires. They have about 6,000 miles on them, so I still had good tread left. I finished with a 67.XX after three consecutive runs at 70.6 and 70.3. And one was off the course! I could have easily had another 67 or 66-second run if I didn't have to stop and get back on the track! .

Dave you did good! You barely missed finishing in the top five with a 70.XX run! That's not bad at all!

It was a blast, and we all had fun! Many S2K's represented in the various classes. It was great seeing Scott and Dave and meeting Victor for the first time.

We have started a new car club in Gainesville called "THE CLUB." After one week, we have more than 20 members registered on our site, and it's growing each day. Be sure to come check it out. Also, I have photos of the meet posted in our gallery. I'm looking forward to meeting up with you guys again for another meet. All it took was this first-time experience, and now I'm hooked! It's AWESOME!

You can the photos here.

By the way, if you like any photos that were taken of your car, let me know, and I can send you a larger file so you can have it for printing or to post on your own site.

Nate
Old 04-11-2004, 09:14 AM

Originally posted by natedoggs2k
Dave you did good! You barely missed finishing in the top five with a 70.XX run! That's not bad at all!

Nate
Actually, my best run was a 68.954. The run I spun out on I was going faster than that time up until the spin.

I finished 6th out of 17.

I have photos of the final times, I'll post those too later today.
Old 04-11-2004, 11:13 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

man i wish i could have ran, my s2k was just sitting there looking all pretty lol. But you guys sure did have some fun. Next time its gonna be me against you nate battle to the grudge lol.
Old 04-11-2004, 12:30 PM

I didn't get to see your last run, so I didn't know you had beat your run of 70.XX. That's awesome! Man, you were so close to getting a trophy too.

Yeah, I caught the very end of that wipe out. Same here. The one I went a little too far off course was definitely headed for one of my best times of the day, if not THE best. Oh well. It was a great learning experience and a ton of fun!

Tej, you bring it on buddy! I'm ready to go!
Old 04-11-2004, 12:38 PM

Originally posted by natedoggs2k
Tej, you bring it on buddy! I'm ready to go!
Me too! I'm ready to do again. I'll have fresh meat (new rears) and a little experience.
Old 04-11-2004, 03:46 PM

Photos are here.

http://tbas2k.com/gville04.htm

Quick Reply: Good S2000 turn out at Gainesville Mini Prix