Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Gauging interest: S2000 Ram air setup for $20 installed

Old 03-10-2004, 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since I am the ghetto mod king of Largo I will be offering a ram air setup for local S2000 owners now for $15. My raw materials cost is approximately $15 out of pocket . This will consist of a black funnel that goes behind the grill professionally attatched by me to 2-1/2" corrugated tubing routed to the airbox( stock or comptech) or directly to the filter with a short ram intake design. This is a stealth mod that is not easily seen. ( you will only notice it if you are looking for it) It effectively feeds cool air at speed to the engine to reduce bog and increase horsepower (at least a little bit). In a way this is superior to the spoon style snorkle. (Spoon has two 90 degree bends and this uses only mandrel bends) It also doesn't seal off and extend the length that the engine has to suck air in. It doesn't restrict normal airflow , only adds cool air at speed. The faster you go the more air is rammed in! I will have pics soon but a few of you have already seen this. This is not for show cars, but for "S" owners on a budget looking for a cheap mod that actually works. Did I mention that I will do the install for the less mechanically inclined owners for free? No permanent alterations to the car are necessary. This is easily installed and easily removable.
Here's a couple of pics installed and you can't even tell it's there from the front and you will only notice it in the engine bay if you look close. I will get better pics soon but you have to see it in person to appreciate the design.
Old 03-10-2004, 06:04 PM

Troy is the ghetto mod king! This mod works if you want power and don't want to spend the high cost.
Old 03-11-2004, 07:55 AM

I currently have two very clean prototypes awaiting new owners!
Old 03-11-2004, 03:08 PM

The faster you go the harder it rams!! I can reccommend this mod as I have felt the air flow on the dyno with a fan pointed at the front bumper. Just watch the puddles!!
Old 03-11-2004, 05:53 PM

Yes, I highly recommend not driving through any deep water because this mod is so effective! Maybe JustBlaze will have one of these feeding cold air to his Comptech box soon? Only time will tell. What does "JustBlaze" mean? Just go ahead and light up a doobie? Or does it imply that you are so fast that all I will see is a quick blaze while I am left furious in your trail of dust and burnt rubber ?
Old 03-12-2004, 03:22 AM

Go! Go! Gadget. He's a bump for a great idea!
Old 03-12-2004, 03:40 AM

Originally posted by hygiene boy
Yes, I highly recommend not driving through any deep water because this mod is so effective! Maybe JustBlaze will have one of these feeding cold air to his Comptech box soon? Only time will tell. What does "JustBlaze" mean? Just go ahead and light up a doobie? Or does it imply that you are so fast that all I will see is a quick blaze while I am left furious in your trail of dust and burnt rubber ?

Well, hopefully the doobie can be smoked while simoultaneously leaving you in a trail of dust and burnt rubber. Actually, JustBlaze is a music producer that I like, also thought the name sounds cool for a fast 11-sec S2000, like mine.
Old 03-12-2004, 04:04 AM

JustBlaze is a music producer that I like
What kind of music? Reggae music that is perfect for doobie smokin? Sounds like you and Smokin Dog are from the same mold. I've gotten bumps but no takers? How about just my cost $15 installed just to promote my master modding skills for the budget minded "S" owner? Come on there's gotta be someone out here local who would want to maximize their performance for $15. That's less than the cost of one doobbie.
Old 03-12-2004, 11:50 AM

I also do mean headrest speakers dirt cheap! I do a lot of cool cheap mods. Let me know what you have in mind and I can make it happen! More pics coming as soon as Scott e-mails them to me.
Old 03-13-2004, 05:00 PM

Steve Melley A.K.A. JustBlaze is the proud new owner of this TroyBuilt ram air technology! One more is available and more can be made upon special request!

Quick Reply: Gauging interest: S2000 Ram air setup for $20 installed