Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Gainesville Raceway Track Day

Old 08-28-2012, 03:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gainesville Raceway Track Day

Hello All,
I am arranging a private track day at Gainesville Raceway Circuit Course on November 4, 2012. www.gainesvilleraceway.com/
The track is roughly 1 mile in the configuration we plan to use. We'll have cars of all types there, so please forward this to any enthusiasts that may be interested. It will also be a great place to teach younger drivers to handle their cars at higher performance levels, with a relaxed atmosphere. A few of us will offer ride along's with anyone interested to provide pointers and get them comfortable with their car on the track.

I'm selling up to 16 spots for a full day of track time for $250. We're keeping the number of drivers down so there will be nearly no wait time to drive.

Rules,
4 Cars on the Track at once.
Passing Only in Designated Area, and only when waived on by the leading car (we'll explain when we are there).
Always follow the directions of the Marshall and/or fire-rescue crew (will be on site the whole day).
Street legal cars only.
Valid Drivers license.

Recommendations
Helmets if you have them.
Brakes, have them checked, and/or replace the fluid with AP600 high temp.
Check your tires, make sure there are no visible cords.
Check your insurance policy; drivers are responsible for their cars and person.
Bring some sunscreen, food and drinks with you; we'll get hot and hungry.

Please PM me or email me if you are interested.

Steve
simplestudios@hotmail.com
Old 08-28-2012, 08:33 AM

250 for gsinsville a person is actually pretty expensieve
Old 08-28-2012, 10:07 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Agreed with above. I would love to get in on this, but $250 is a but much. Wasn't the GRRC doing it for like $100-$150 (with the same ammount of people)? I'd be interested around that price point, but not $250...

For $200 I can go to "The Firm" (aka Ivor's/Euro Motorsport Park) in Starke (or several other nice tracks). So why wouldn't I go to a better course for cheaper?

Not trying to be a jerk, just pointing out the obvious...
Old 08-28-2012, 12:22 PM

$150 is not enough to cover the track rental fee for 16 people. I'm willing to lower the price, but we need more people to do it. How about this... The entry fee will depend on how many people we get. If we get 16 people, the entry is $160. If there are only 10 people, the entry fee is $250, so on and so forth. The more we get the lower the price.

Anyone interested? A Deposit of $50 will hold your spot.

Steve
Old 08-28-2012, 12:46 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You might want to try and contact one of the GRRC guys. I'm pretty sure they were charging much closer to $100 for a day. Maybe its possible to negotiate a lower rental rate for the track?

Like I said, I'd probably pay $150... but how can I commit knowing thats going to be the absolute lowest (with a much higher chance of it being much more)?

Again, not trying to be a jerk... I'd like this thing to happen as much as anyone, I just am very doubtful you will have any luck unless the price is set and less than or equal to $150. Maybe I'm wrong though...
Old 08-28-2012, 04:22 PM

we use to get 20 people for 100 bucks each
Old 08-28-2012, 04:55 PM

I've contacted GRRC to see if they have any options or can help get more cars. I'll keep you posted; although I won't let the cars pass 20. Too many = too much waiting.

I didn't realize price would be this much of an issue. I understand no one is being rude about it; but there's only so much I can do with the prices they quoted me. I think GRRC stated it best on their website, "The exact cost depends on our expected participation. More cars = lower cost. If you need to know the exact cost before the event, you should probably find a cheaper hobby. However, you can also ask me a week before the event and I’ll let you know."

They also have not posted any dates for 2012 leading me to believe that the prices for those events has come and gone. This year looks to be more expensive.

Steve
Old 08-28-2012, 05:43 PM

Received 250 Likes on 147 Posts

Ill check my schedule and see if I have anything that weekend. If not, I'm in. Created a thread for this exact thing a little while ago.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:07 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Gainesville raceway recently changed owners, could be the reason for a Price hike. Its now auto plus raceway or something like that, and the new owners are allowing the road course to be rented out for drifting organizers, something that was done maybe once before with the old owner..
Old 09-09-2012, 01:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GRRC quit doing the track rental due to the price and because many people would be interested but when it came time, a lot would back out or have other obligations come up. Nothing against people for backing out due to whatever reason because life happens, but it does make organizing these track days very difficult unless the organizers don't mind going into the red. Ideally, an organizer should at least get free track time for the work but it hardly ever worked out that way...

I will say that Gainesville is not worth $250. We had a max of thirty-five people out at one GRRC event IIRC. Wait times hardly ever surpassed ten minutes. I would not be concerned with wait times because not many people stay out for more than ten to fifteen laps.

Another consideration is to just do an AM track day. A lot of people are burned out by 12pm if you can get started early/on time. The biggest issue we had was getting the track opened up and the safety brief conducted... Starting on time is critical.

Quick Reply: Gainesville Raceway Track Day