Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Fun Drives?

Old 08-19-2005, 08:54 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Fun Drives?

I moved from PA recently, and I really hate driving around here. It's flat and there's a ton of cops. Traffic and tourists make me want to shoot myself.

So, does anyone know of any local roads that are fun? I prefer to turn. I already know that the Howard Franklin and McMullen are good for top speed runs, but that stuff bores me.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's one of the reasons I just moved from the Tampa area.

Brooksville has some nice areas, also out by the Oldsmar flea market is nice. The Tarpon Springs area even has a nice out of the way nice drive.

If you attend a few of the local meets/drives, you will see some of the nice areas. But, there are not many.

Good luck and welcome to Florida! The TBA (Tampa Bay Area) S2K owners are the best though. They will make up for the lack of great roads.

You can check out here to to get a feel for what goes on in Tampa..

http://tbas2k.com/s2000_event_photos.htm
Old 08-20-2005, 04:46 AM

What part of PA are you from? There are a few of us here from Pittsburgh. I was born in Pittsburgh then moved to Pottstown a few years later only to end up here when I was ten. I would not reccmmend high speed runs over the Howard Frankin bridge. They have helicoptors, planes and speed traps all the time just waiting to get you. There are cops everywhere all the time so if you wanna stretch you cars' legs I'd refer you to Sunshine speedway 1/8 mile drag strip in Clearwater or the 1/4 mile one in Bradenton. We also have local autocrossing frequently and some also go to the Sebring roadcourse on a regular basis.
Old 08-20-2005, 09:41 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm from the Philadelphia area, however I'm a devouted Steelers fan.

Thanks for the tip about the Howard Frankin. I never knew that. Also didn't know there was a 1/4 mile strip in Bradenton.

Is there a schedule for the auto-x?
Old 08-20-2005, 11:28 AM

http://www.sunridersmotorsports.com/ next autocross is called an "ENDUROCROSS" . It's basically many laps on the course all at once instead of all the down time in between your turns.
Old 08-20-2005, 06:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For really, really good twisties, take a ride (a long ride) up to TN for one of the Dragon events planned by Airgate. You get the thrill of 318 curves in 11 miles and the fun of having other S2000 enthusiasts there with you!
Old 08-21-2005, 05:45 PM

Moved here from Bloomsburg,PA in April of 2004. I live 2 miles from Clearwater beach. Got my 2002 yellow S in March.. love it. I think the gandy bridge has a lot of fast runs on it.... i have been meaning to go there for a top speed run but i need a scout ahead of me, lol. Rangus02@yahoo.com p.s..... yea i hate this flat terrain with tons of traffic lights and cops as well. If the north had warm beaches the south would be a wasteland.
Old 08-21-2005, 06:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rangus, if you have a 2002 yellow S, it would be Spa yellow and not Rio yellow. Just FYI....
Old 08-22-2005, 05:06 AM

Pittsburgher checking in. Lots of roads around, you just have to find them. We'll be putting together a Brooksville run here soon. There's actually hills up there. Watch the forum for updates.

Trust me. I was in the 'burgh this weekend. That place sucks. The drivers are worse than here. Everyone's so nice up there. I was at a four way stop and no one wanted to go. Everyone was waving the other one on. I was about ready to get out and start kicking some ass. Happy to be back in FL.

Go Steelers!
Old 08-22-2005, 08:48 PM

jersey girl........do i really have to say what we already know? yes i know its spa yellow. i'm not being smart but i'm also not stupid. hardcore steelers fan here. absolutely hate donovan mcnabb aka. he who walks on water. I run pretty much stock but i'm always up for a ride. i drove with a silver ( i mean silverstone) S2000 across the howard franklin the other day.. followed me all the way zigging through traffic, love that stuff. later

Quick Reply: Fun Drives?