Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Florida Super Meet and Dragon, I need everyone's opinion!

Old 12-30-2003, 05:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How about part of the event at a state park, like Wekiwa?

http://www.floridastateparks.org/wekiwaspr...ngs/default.asp

Hiking, frisbee, volleyball, grills/pavilions etc. It would be close to some roads some of us went on a few months ago.
Old 12-30-2003, 05:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a State Park freak. If it is along a drive, all the better.
Old 12-30-2003, 07:27 PM

I'm in and willing to help. Put me down for some of the grunt work. Anything but maps or directions.

J
Old 01-04-2004, 11:19 AM

I am definitely in for this event. A bit of input for you:

Locations in Orlando are certainly plentiful. From the University on the East side to the O-rena in the central area. Plus it sounds like FoF was a big success in the past.

As far as cost for me $50 -$100 for food, location, etc. sounds fine to me(more to the lower end though, as I am going to the Dragon in April).

Quick recommendation, traffic can be congestive depending on the part of town we have it.

Lastly, what was the structure of events the last time a Supermeet was held. A whole weekend? What happened on what days? Etc.

If there is anything I can help with let me know.

Deiger
Old 01-04-2004, 12:04 PM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We should have an organizing meeting on AIM Chat this week b/w the CO's of FL and SoFL to come up with the game plan. Whens a good time for everyone?

I'm available Monday, Wednesday and Thursday nights.
Old 01-04-2004, 12:10 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mav
We should have an organizing meeting on AIM Chat this week b/w the CO's of FL and SoFL to come up with the game plan.
Old 01-04-2004, 12:36 PM

I'm good for a chat.. let me know when ...
Old 01-05-2004, 06:13 AM

This week is bad... I'm going back to work after being off for a long time. Next week will probably be better.
Old 01-05-2004, 10:06 AM

Having been to a couple of Chin Motorsports events, I can tell you the Sebring event is a bargain at $250! I don't think anyone is really disputing the fact that it's worth the money though, but I just thought I'd put that plug in for anyone considering doing one of track days. Anyway, I really enjoyed the way the Super Meet was set up last year. The greatest part was the "spirited" driving on the country roads because you could have a passenger with you. On the track you can only have a passenger on the slow "parade" type laps unless you pay extra for the guest. An SCCA cone-type event would be cool too, but I feel like that would take time away from the country roads too. I'm not sure about everyone else's experience, but my experience with autocrossing has been that it takes quite a bit of time to let everyone get their runs in. There's also setup and clean-up time and again, this pulls away from time where we could all be driving country roads or partying. With go-karts, someone else has already set them up and we don't have to clean up anything! I'll go with the majority of course so whatever everyone else wants to do is fine with me. I would like to suggest renting a private room or something for the organized meals though. I think it's better when you can get up and walk around and chat with everyone without worrying about disturbing other people's meals. Just my $0.02.

Thanks,
Bryan
Old 01-05-2004, 02:55 PM

If I can go I think orlando is the best place. It will take me six hours as it is to get there. Any further would be out of the question even for such a big event in my book.

Quick Reply: Florida Super Meet and Dragon, I need everyone's opinion!