Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Florida Super Meet and Dragon, I need everyone's opinion!

Old 12-30-2003, 07:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Orlando is fine, Tampa is fine... The problem with WPB is there isn't much there along the lines of things to do.

Again, we can bounce ideas around here and figure out what the most people want to do so we can get a good turnout.
Old 12-30-2003, 09:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another supermeet is a great idea, as is an official Dragon trip. I volunteer to print out maps of the meet drive route, if that helps. Brad gave me some great mapping software
Old 12-30-2003, 03:03 PM

Since you're asking, I'm letting the opinions fly!

We didn't go last year because it was too expensive. The dinners sounded like way too much and the weekend got to be more than we wanted to pay for. I really enjoyed the FoF meet on the last day. We should find another similar meeting place that has a great backdrop.

The other issue was mixing the NSXs and the S2000. It's a different kind of car and a different kind of person that drives one. I felt like the dinners were upscale to cater to the NSX owner. A nice simple lunch at FoF was more S2K style. If you ask me, I think they should be split and have a supermeet for just S2Ks, something that everyone can afford.

I'm more than willing to help and I will start thinking about places around TBA to have it. There's some great places along the coast and some great drives around here. We can make it happen!!
Old 12-30-2003, 03:26 PM

I agree with jvrabel. I think a joint event is not a good idea. The only reason it was done that way previously is I don't have the energy to organize two separate events within a week of each other and nobody else was interested in organizing a statewide meeting!

We should keep the costs as low as possible. Here are some ideas.

Do a picnic lunch or barbecue. There are several locations around Orlando that can be rented for a nominal fee with grills, a pavilion etc. For dinner, we can go to a tourist buffet location (too many to mention) that will serve for under $20 per person. If there is no hotel stay, the whole day won't cost more than $30 (plus gas etc.).

Dates: How about April 2-3? It's the shoulder tourist season, before the love bugs get out, and pretty warm for topless driving....

As far as Fantasy of Flight...they might not allow us to do the lunch again without including admission. That increases the cost significantly.

Now we need PEOPLE to step up to the plate and organizing this thing. 4 months goes by FAST and places book quickly.

So far we have tidalwave, jvrabel, wchin, keithd, ?nzaizar....who else??? Who will be...

The event organizer (big cheese)...I nominate Keith!
drive organizer (I'll do that!)
meals organizer (jvrabel?, nzaizar)
hotel arranger? (tidalwave?)

Who pays the deposits if they are needed?

WS
02 Spa Yellow
Old 12-30-2003, 03:43 PM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think the organization should be left up to the appointed CO's in the area (KeithD, nvrquit4, tidalwdave, wchin, DaWorm and myself). This way it can be an "Official S2Ki" event and we can have insurance coverage for the event and drives.

I think Orlando is the best locale to host the event, central is most of us. How much are you peeps willing to pay for hotel? $50 or less per night seems fair to me.

With regards to deposits, I'll speak to my business partner when I get back from NYC and see if I can front the cash if required. What are we talking about $10K? Although if everyone books the hotel on time, this shouldn't be neccessary. Give everyone deadlines, and make sure they stick to them.
Old 12-30-2003, 03:46 PM

I think Nick should be my co buddy. Don't hotels want a deposit? If so, I can't put anything down, sorry too poor, wife would kill me.
Old 12-30-2003, 03:54 PM

I am by no means a big spender but I thought the prices were very reasonable considering the food quality and the company - I can tell you one thing though, having helped just a little bit last year along with Keith D(and I mean just a little) Wei-Shen did almost all of it by himself and fronted the deposits through Chinmotorsports, I realized just how much is really involved in this - I couldn't do it on my own that's for sure... I would like to do it somewhere other than Orlando myself because I live here though I understand it is centraly located! count me in to help if it is here!
Nick
Old 12-30-2003, 03:55 PM

Old 12-30-2003, 03:58 PM

I know all of us from TBA loved FoF if we could work that in again. I think the price for that day was fine. It was a nice place, good food, and relaxing. We had the tarmac all to ourselves, great photos.

I think FoF is a must. Just my .02

I can drive to Orlando and look into the hotel situation. Maybe it being the low season, they won't need deposits?
Old 12-30-2003, 04:06 PM

I tend to agree w/ mav.

The sub areas should be somewhat CO controlled for better organization. Each CO/Group responsible for their area.

We can stil have a general 'drive arranger' as a master planner, but the COs should distribute this info to their area.

that way... there should be a total breakdown in communication as each subgroup is semi-independent.

Quick Reply: Florida Super Meet and Dragon, I need everyone's opinion!