Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Florida Super Meet and Dragon, I need everyone's opinion!

Old 12-30-2003, 05:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm too poor for $250. Gotta put all my extra money down on my Elise (which I do plan on tracking).

What about an autocross event? I really don't see 40 owners putting up $250 to track. We didn't even get 40 owners total last year of the event, did we?

Glad we are staying away from scheduling at the same time as The Dragon.

I don't plan on being a CO after January, but I can still help out with the event if needed.
Old 12-30-2003, 05:32 AM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As usual I'll offer the dissenting opinion...

Not everyone will want to pay $250 to track their car, some can't afford it. Not everyone will want to track their car and subject it to all that abuse. You'll be lucky to get 15 S2000's in FL to want to track, let alone 40. I think organizing SuperMeet 2 around a track day is a bad idea.

I say we have something like last year's. Eat, drive, pictures, party, etc.

Regardless, I volunteer my services.
Old 12-30-2003, 05:46 AM

This thread is for opinions! Lets see what the populous has to say and we shall go from there!
Old 12-30-2003, 05:51 AM

Are there any Karting locations in Florida?
Old 12-30-2003, 05:56 AM

Originally posted by nzaizar
Are there any Karting locations in Florida?
I thought you guys karted last time?

Is this going to be in Orlando again, since it's central?
Old 12-30-2003, 06:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm with Tommy on this one. While I wouldn't track my car, I would come just to hang out & watch. Personally, I like the idea of eat, drive, pictures, & party and think that most people would find this fun. Just my $0.02
Old 12-30-2003, 06:18 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tidalwdave
Old 12-30-2003, 06:24 AM

Like a Malibu Grand Prix?
Old 12-30-2003, 06:42 AM

That's pretty much what I expected. I agree that there will not be enough support for a track date. $250 is a lot of money...but that's what it takes to have a dedicated S2000 track day. Figured that everyone needs to know this up front before committing to anything.

As far as karting, there are "real" tracks like the one in Ocala (with gas powered shifter karts) or "ovals" like the one we had in Orlando/Maitland. Again, cost will vary depending on whether we want our OWN event, or are willing to share with others to defray the cost.

Do we want to set up a hotel? This allows the event to occupy a full day as opposed to part of a day with travel time. It also adds cost. How much are people willing to pay for a two-day event? $50, $100, $150? Who pays deposits? Last year, Chin Motorsports sponsored the whole event because we needed to put deposits down for events and we do not have a group checking account. FYI, the April 25-27 2002 supermeet had a budget or $9100 and we came within $10 of that cost. I kept the cost of dinner between $25 and $30 per person and lunch around $15 per person. The karting we did cost about $15 per person for 3 runs plus run-offs to determine the winner. Hotel was $69 per night.

I agree that Orlando is very central, however, we had it here last time so perhaps Tampa or West Palm/Ft. Lauderdale this time? Tidal wave, how about setting something up in the bay area?

I'm am offering to help with whatever is needed to pull this off.

Wei-Shen
Old 12-30-2003, 06:51 AM

My thoughts are to do Orlando again. While it was done last year there, it was still a good location. If it's on a coast, some have to drive across the state. Orlando has probably more hotels for cheap, plus is a decent drive for all, which I think is fair.

Don't get me wrong, if it was in Tampa, that'd be great for us TBA guys, but I think a central location is still the best.

Is Fantasy of Flight out this next year? I liked the backdrop.

Quick Reply: Florida Super Meet and Dragon, I need everyone's opinion!