Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Florida SCCA Autocross Events

Old 05-18-2003, 04:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well guess what...I have a video tape taped by the s2000 contingent too. There is no trash talking, criticism, or anything of the sort. Todd, let me assure you that they were very supportive, and they even complemented your driving skills. Whoever your girlfriend was sitting by may have been rude, but it wasn't our guys. If you still feel it was us, you are welcome to watch my tape and see that it wasn't. It is dissappointing to hear that there were rude people there today.
Old 05-18-2003, 06:23 PM

I thought I had deleted that post before anyone read it. I can't rely on fuzzy audio and the word of an eavesdropping girlfriend for much insight. I heard a few comments on there, but seeing as the video was only of all the S-2000's and the GTI, I really don't think they were talking about anyone else but us. I've talked some smack too, but at least it was private. It was just a slap in the face when I came home from a fun day. People need to try before critiquing or criticizing. What looks fast and what really is fast aren't always the same and autocross is not a great spectator sport by any means. I've made an effort to tell everyone I know that likes driving hard, enjoys a quick adrenaline high, and has a reasonably adequate car, how much they'll like it. Short of showing an in-car video, there's no other way to get the feeling across without having them drive. Someone said today that "all those novice s2k guys will help boost your ego". That's not at all what getting you guys involved is about. Everyone is competitive, but I like seeing people have fun and I love that car. It just made sense to have Dave hand out those flyers. People only own that car if they like driving like that...Anyhow, rambling here, it's no big deal and there are two sides to every story. It's not worth it to me to get in some fume over what I can't control. After I read that post I just realized that it really doesn't matter what anyone thought because the viewpoints were totally uneducated. I had fun and only was beaten by 2 Porsches, 2 BMW's, and Cory's GTI. I'm still on street tires with a bare stock set-up. I believe that everyone ahead of me was on Hoosiers (or Michelin Sport Cup R compounds), had suspension work, plus a few power mods. I let the results speak. The Porsches, BMW's, and the GTI all would have been in street mod, or street prepared classes in an SCCA event. I can only compare to Mike in the Suzuka Blue. He got me into it and has the same experience and the same car & set-up (or lack of). I had 3.441 seconds on him. I hope no one else saw that post, but fdeel free to forward this dribble to anyone who may have been offended or wronged.
Old 05-18-2003, 06:58 PM

Todd, like my misperceived idea of you at Ybor, let's let it go. But, if it was us, I'm sorry. I think we all had a great time, but cannot account for everything said after being in the sun for five hours.

Liken it to a Buc's game. I watch Keyshawn miss several catches. To me they look like easy passes to catch. I'm a spectator, I probably couldn't have caught the pass, but being a spectator, I'll judge and critique. I'm not saying it was our group, but after five hours, who knows what one says sitting on the sidelines. We talked bad about the skydivers most of the day (I've sky dived before, so I can judge ) and the guy that flew the drop plane. We watched them more than the autocross!

Anyway, we really all had a great time. Why else would I let myself sit in the sun for five hours to burn my bald head! I'll do better on the sunscreen next time.

Hey, if we all make it to the Florida State Fairgrounds, maybe Scott will copy us a tape and we can give it to you to clear our names.

Anyway, thanks again for the info and invite. Maybe next time we can all meet up and drive up together. You are more than welcome to be part of the gang! I think you are feeling like an outsider, but we'd like to welcome you if you want. I got a ton of good shots of you and the guy with the blue S2K. I'll put up the photos in the next day or two. Maybe a few to this thread later tonight or on Monday.
Old 05-18-2003, 08:13 PM

Okay, I have way more photos, but I am posting these at random. The rest will be up on the TBA page later on Monday or Tuesday....

Old 05-19-2003, 04:43 AM

Todd, I don't know who said those things. But I left during the BMW's and when I was there we were not sitting 10 feet from your girl friend. We were way down track from her. Especially for your runs. I was standing beside the track taking pictures with bad batteries. The rest of the group was at least 30 yards away from your girl friend. We talked to her several times while walking past.

I never heard any of the comments that you posted. We even had respect for the Sebring, " Well at least she is out there doing it," O.K. The Mercedes 320 was funny but that was all. We all thought you and the blue S and you miata buddy ran great. You were smokin around the track. Your miata friend ran great in a stock car.

If any of our guys said those things, which I can imagine they did, I know they didn't while I was there, then we are sorry.

The comments I heard were, man that no. 5 car, Red S-2 was fast, and then there was the red 325i. Everyone realizes that it is not easy to run around there fast and not spinout, especially in a S. Kick that baby in a turn and give gas and watch it come around.

Again, If anyone in our group said those things I'm sure they were kidding. Most are going to try it for themselves soon.
Old 05-21-2003, 07:05 AM

Dave...is there any chance you would be able to make the pic of me avatar size (4th one from the top)? It would be greatly appreciated as I am due for an update.
Thanx
Scott
Old 05-21-2003, 08:02 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ScottL
[B]Dave...is there any chance you would be able to make the pic of me avatar size (4th one from the top)?
Old 05-23-2003, 09:41 PM

Photos are finally up on www.tbas2k.com Thanks to Todd for the heads up and info, and Andy for the write up and drive to the event!
Old 05-24-2003, 02:51 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tidalwdave
[B]Photos are finally up on www.tbas2k.com
Old 05-24-2003, 04:14 PM

Steve, I don't have your email address....

Quick Reply: Florida SCCA Autocross Events