Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Florida guys, I need your help

Old 12-21-2005, 07:19 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Florida guys, I need your help

Possibly relocating to Florida to accept a regional sales manager position within the next 6 months, and have some questions about places to set up shop. While i've been to Florida on several occasions for spring breaks in college, my graduate research assistantship, and various sales meetings, I konw nothing more about desirable places to live than what i'd breifly seen while there.

After my home sells here in Ohio, i'll be in the market for a home between 250-350K. Requirements for a place to live are: smaller university town, close to highways and airport, close to good driving roads, golf courses, within 2 hours of the beach, and within a reasonable distance to a metropolis. Any suggestions? If I move to Florida it'll be so nice driving the S for more than the 5 months a year Ohio allows me to. I'm almost at 4000 miles on my 2002.....

Thanks.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tampa fits the bill nicely.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:41 AM

Tampa St. Pete Clearwater those are good. Im in Jacksonville and I wish i lived in Tampa.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:50 AM

If your car is faster than mine you can not move to Tampa j/k I love it in Tampa and depending on which beach, airport, and metro you're talking about Tampa is the place to be in my mind. It's growing at an amazing rate and doesn't seem to want to stop.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Greetings!

While there may not be the perfect spot to accomodate your hit list of requirements, I'll give you my two cents in the order that I identify as priority listing........

A). Driving Roads for the S2K; the closest thing that we have to hills are just north of Tampa and lie between the towns of Zephyrhills, Dade City and Brooksville. The area that is booming is called Wesley Chapel. It is right on I-75 and Hwy 54. These roads can be accessed in about 10 minutes and offer a fun drive whether you want 30 minutes to let steam off or an afternoon of pleasure. It is by far worth it to investigate this area seriously. Somewhat reminds me of SE Ohio when my travels have taken me through that area. Housing is abundant in this area and 250K will get you into a new home with warranty. 300K will get you the heated pool w/cage and the constant barage of kin folk from Ohio thinking that you have it made.

B). 6 golf courses within 10 minutes drive time, another 10 within 30 minutes. And a whole lot cheaper than any that I played in Ohio.

C). This area also will get you to a good selection of Beaches. Two hours south will get you all the way to the Venice beaches. One hour to the St Pete Beaches & about the same going over to Clearwater. 1.5 hours to my favorite, Bradenton area & Anna Maria Island. Always depends on the traffic.

D). Wesley Chapel is 15-30 minutes from the heart of Tampa, 40 minutes to Lakeland, 75 miles to Orlando, 75 miles to Sarasota. All interstate.

E). Airports, Tampa International; anywhere from 30 minutes to a solid hour depending on traffic. St Pete/Clearwater airport is another 15 minutes from Tampa. Orlando using the Toll Roads is 1.5 - 2.0 hours. Sarasota about 1.5 - 2 hours as well.

Zacksdad2
Old 12-21-2005, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Scorpion,Dec 21 2005, 11:50 AM
If your car is faster than mine you can not move to Tampa
If this is true there are several people that need to move then.

I agree with the Tampa and surrounding area.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by S2KBDub,Dec 21 2005, 08:19 AM
Possibly relocating to Florida to accept a regional sales manager position within the next 6 months, and have some questions about places to set up shop. While i've been to Florida on several occasions for spring breaks in college, my graduate research assistantship, and various sales meetings, I konw nothing more about desirable places to live than what i'd breifly seen while there.

After my home sells here in Ohio, i'll be in the market for a home between 250-350K. Requirements for a place to live are: smaller university town, close to highways and airport, close to good driving roads, golf courses, within 2 hours of the beach, and within a reasonable distance to a metropolis. Any suggestions? If I move to Florida it'll be so nice driving the S for more than the 5 months a year Ohio allows me to. I'm almost at 4000 miles on my 2002.....

Thanks.
sounds like Bithlo to me...close to UCF, beach, OIA, etc...what a great little town...Bithlo, or perhaps right down the road Christmas, Fl. for 250/350 you could probably buy the entire town.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:45 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All- I really appreciate all the reply's. Hopefully this will all come into place soon - and the transition and move will be done and over with before I know it. I also look forward to meeting with you all - and trust me, don't be worried about my car being faster than anyone elses. The only mod i've done to the car is chrome the factory wheels.

Keep the advice coming, I need all I can get.

Thanks again!
Old 12-21-2005, 12:10 PM

Damn , you Tampa guys are out in force !! So .... I'll raise the flag for Orlando . It fits your requirements well (as does Tampa ) , and we've got a nice little community of S owners here (again , as does Tampa) . Tampa is a lot closer to the beach (the best Florida beaches BTW) , and Orlando is closer to , well , Mickey Mouse . Between the two , it's a wash . Depends on which you like better . Conversely , I may be relocating to the Tampa area for work .
Old 12-21-2005, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by S2KBDub,Dec 21 2005, 11:19 AM
After my home sells here in Ohio, i'll be in the market for a home between 250-350K. Requirements for a place to live are: smaller university town, close to highways and airport, close to good driving roads, golf courses, within 2 hours of the beach, and within a reasonable distance to a metropolis.
1 vote for Deland.

yeah that's right, Deland.

A small university town that's growing rapidly. 30 minutes from the right coast, (great beaches) and a cool town that still has some character left despite the rapid growth. A few curves and maybe some elevation but nothing that compares to any decent road outside of the state. An airport exists within Deland, a major airport is about .5 hours away in Orlando which is your closest metropolis. Golf courses are everywhere.

Your money will go far in Florida. Houses are still considered cheap here. $350K will buy you a McMansion.

Quick Reply: Florida guys, I need your help