Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Florida folks, I'd like some input

Old 11-04-2006, 05:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks mean.

I'd clear the corners, get clear sidemarkers.

And consider: Painting the mirrors and pulling your tape.
Old 11-04-2006, 05:30 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Scott,

Car is looking great. In the vein of many other posts I will add 2 cents, mainly in agreement with a few things already said.

1) Definitely need to paint the section on the trunk between the lid and the top.
2) Definitely consider getting rid of the amber up front/sides by clearing the headlights and replacing the side markers.
3) Airwalker or Comptech sideskirts would definitely go aways is pulling the car together front to back but i think painting them spa would be the best bet personally. The side diffuser in black though might be a nice agressive look as well but up to your tastes.
4) I would also consider having the base and maybe the arm of the new side mirrors painted spa. My rationale is that from the side angle of the car they would then blend in with the spa doors. The black of the mirror housing itself will then coordinate with the window tint, top, A-pillar area. Get what I mean?
5) I personally like your front lip and would consider it if replacing my own OEM lip. I don't care too much for how chunky the side "blocks" are but I also think the addition of side skirts/diffuser would lessen this.

Basically my theory being that the top surfaces are black (top, trunk lid, rear spoiler, hood, windows (basically), a-pillars, side mirrors, trunk area between lid and top. The middle/sides of the car all the way around are all spa and kept clean other than the chrome/smoked areas for the side markers. Definitely need those front bumper plugs ASAP. The wheels/tires/lugs/calipers all being blacked out is awesome. Maybe a yellow "S2000" logo on the calipers?

All-in-all...thumbs up Scott!
Shay
Old 11-04-2006, 06:12 AM

Scott, the car is clean. You and I talked about your car at the Mega Meet in south FL a little bit. If I had your car, in its current state, I'd do this;
1. Alex front bumper duct
2. JDM headlights/clear defussers and clear sidemarkers
3. VVS (James) side skirts or PuddyMaster (Ben ) side skirts in black
4. A little bit more of a drop
(Optional)
5. Turbo... because an intercooler would look bitchin in the front of that yellow monster!

The new lip looks really good. I think that it flows with your BYS wing as far as shape, both being pretty flat and suttle. Mirrors look killer too!

Hope this helps in your quest in finding absolution... errr... whatever.

~Clinton
Old 11-04-2006, 08:18 AM

Scott, the car looks a lot different than when I saw it at that grand opening, I like what you have done with it. The only thing I would do if it was mine is:
- Definitely paint that piece between trunk and top
- Painted to match some kind of after market side strakes
- Tad more drop (front)
- Bumper plugs
- Take the S2000 badges off - The amber looks good on SPA imo
- Dark tinted windows

matt
Old 11-04-2006, 08:37 AM

Wow. Lots of great opinions in here!

-The space between the trunk and the top. Yeah, it drives me crazy as well. Got something at works to make a carbon fiber overlay or replacement piece. And if that doesn't work out, a shot of black paint will be in order.

-Clear sidemarkers and turn signals. Hadn't even really considered that before. I guess I'm going to have to look into that.

-Side skirts. I'm still up in the air about this. I'm going to gave to take some time to see what works best.

-Front bumper plugs. I will be ordering those this week.

-Tinted windows. Yeah, defenitely on the list.

I know i still got a ways to go before the car is complete. But thanks to all of you, I now have a place to start looking.
Old 11-04-2006, 09:44 AM

Just use black vinyl for the trunk space. Very easy and cheap. Cost: $10

The bumper plugs can be picked up at any honda dealer for $5
Old 11-04-2006, 10:18 AM

I really like the look that you have. Pretty sure you have more in mind and everyone has given a lot of input on which direction to go with.

A car is always a work in progress, that I know with just mine and everyone else out there on the boards modding their own S.

Can't wait to see the car in person one of these days.

Have fun deciding on what else to do with the S.
Old 11-04-2006, 10:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's your car, so as long as you are happy with it that's all that matters.

As for my opinion, I wouldn't have done it like that, but that's because I don't like that much black and yellow together.
Old 11-04-2006, 11:36 AM

VERY NICE
Old 11-04-2006, 12:16 PM

Its looks mean, LIke a track car... I would keep everything .. but sell off the lip and the hood.

But thats just my taste, I like either stock/lowered looking, or track ready looking.

One thing to remember is asking what people think will get you no where but more confused, just do what you like... I find that works best.

Quick Reply: Florida folks, I'd like some input