Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Exhausts

Old 06-04-2005, 09:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhausts

I am now ready to take the plunge and get a new exhaust for my car. I am really not sure what I want other than I want to achieve a deep growl instead of a very loud sound.
I know there are numerous brands out there and they all have their advantages and dis-advantages. I don't want something cheap or cheap sounding, nor do I want to pay a lot just for the prestige of a "Name Brand".
The problem is hearing what various systems sound like. Does anyone know of a web site or sites with sound clips of different exhausts?
I have heard a few different ones at various meets but can't remember which ones. Also, any advise on systems would be appreciated. I am really challenged when it comes to mods for my car. Thanks for any help.

Don
Old 06-04-2005, 09:24 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

http://www.s2000library.com
Old 06-04-2005, 09:51 AM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Ro_Ja Boy,Jun 4 2005, 12:24 PM
check this out Don, also Jeff the piolet A K A JCarolton is selling a nice used exhaust that sounds great with out being to loud....Not like some of us with single exit no cat systems HEE.. HE... HE

How did you like the ride I gave you
Old 06-04-2005, 01:24 PM

A sound clip will never recreate the actual sound, decibel level, tone or droning that may be there in real life. To fully appreciate any exhaust you'd have to hear it in person from inside and outside the car. What are your expectations? What's most important to you? Looks, sound, weight savings, cost? No exhaust change will give you any significant horsepower increases and some actually lose horsepower. The stock exhaust is very good and you could always just swap out stock mufflers for aftermarket ones and leave the rest of the exhaust alone. Nole99 ( swapped out mufflers) and NJ Tripface (quiet single exhaust) have the two best sounding S2000 exhausts I've heard in person. Some people have even removed their resonator for a 350Z like deep rumble down low while whisper quiet up high and while cruising.
Old 06-04-2005, 03:49 PM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by hygiene boy,Jun 4 2005, 04:24 PM
A sound clip will never recreate the actual sound, decibel level, tone or droning that may be there in real life. To fully appreciate any exhaust you'd have to hear it in person from inside and outside the car. What are your expectations? What's most important to you? Looks, sound, weight savings, cost? No exhaust change will give you any significant horsepower increases and some actually lose horsepower. The stock exhaust is very good and you could always just swap out stock mufflers for aftermarket ones and leave the rest of the exhaust alone. Nole99 ( swapped out mufflers) and NJ Tripface (quiet single exhaust) have the two best sounding S2000 exhausts I've heard in person. Some people have even removed their resonator for a 350Z like deep rumble down low while whisper quiet up high and while cruising.
hygiene boy is right, the sound clip web sight is good, and fun to watch some nut driving on the edge but.....

Thats why I gave you a ride, so you could here how my exhaust sounds, top up, top down driving normal and at 7500 RPM shifts.
Try to get a ride with some club members to here the different systems.
Changing out the mufflers may not be a bad way to go.
Old 06-04-2005, 04:50 PM

A couple of us have the HKS exhaust. Love it because it can be loud at speed and during revs but quiet when I pull back into the neighborhood. I've also heard really good things about Spugen exhausts. They are a board sponsor and have a cheaper price. I think VVS has a single which is louder but you could judge the quality.

I'd keep my eyes open on the FS forum for a good deal. Who cares about a used exhaust? It's going to go under your car anyway and you'll never look at it again. My $0.02.

I love mine. Thought I would regret making it louder. Never have though. You can always put the stocker back on if you don't like it.

DO IT!
Old 06-04-2005, 06:14 PM

Good on ya!

The exhaust adds signifigantly to the overall flavor of the car. great sports cars we have owned, or driven, are often remembered by how they sound.

experience pays off here. at the next meet, don't be afraid to ask people what kind of exhaust they have.
listen, because realistically you are buying sound with a minor in looks.

your s2k is not a daily, so would droning be an issue?
what exhausts are you considering?
single or dual?

I'm waiting on an 04 Mugen. i am very familiar with 03, Chiung has one. but the 04s are a little different. some a say a little louder and more aggresive.

Old 06-04-2005, 07:29 PM

If you want to hear my Invidia that I'm selling (hint hint) just let me know...I'm more than willing to show off my car and take you for a spin. Just have to wait till I get back home...by the way..those of you that have not been to North Carolina...you're not missing much
Old 06-04-2005, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Scorpion,Jun 4 2005, 10:29 PM
by the way..those of you that have not been to North Carolina...you're not missing much
Old 06-05-2005, 03:57 AM

PM me we can talk.

Quick Reply: Exhausts