Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Exhaust shops

Old 12-24-2006, 07:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust shops

Can anyone recommend a shop in the Orlando area for exhaust work? I got a Supersprint exhaust for Christmas and I can't get the thing to line up correctly with the rear bumper openings to save my ass. I'm not sure if it's something I'm not doing correctly or if the exhaust needs to be tweaked, this obviously isn't a one person job and I'm tired of living under the car, so I'm looking to pay someone else to deal with it.
Old 12-24-2006, 08:38 AM

Titan Motorsports or Mazworkz
Old 12-24-2006, 09:30 AM

Maybe you should try loosening the bolts to the cat or test pipe and adjusting the hangers and then retightening the bolts again. We had to do this with my friends honda to make it align properly.
Old 12-24-2006, 09:33 AM

Adjusting and bending the hangers to fit with a metal pipe is usually the easiest way to have everything line up. A second set of hands and a lift is also nice
Old 12-24-2006, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Chillaxin,Dec 24 2006, 01:30 PM
Maybe you should try loosening the bolts to the cat or test pipe and adjusting the hangers and then retightening the bolts again. We had to do this with my friends honda to make it align properly.
Yep. I've had the entire exhaust from the header back out twice now.
Old 12-24-2006, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by hygiene boy,Dec 24 2006, 01:33 PM
Adjusting and bending the hangers to fit with a metal pipe is usually the easiest way to have everything line up. A second set of hands and a lift is also nice
A lift and a second pair of hands would be great about now.
I don't want to try bending anything just yet until I'm positive whatever is done to it will work. For what this thing cost I expected a near factory fit, not this headache so it may be getting sent back. It fits like crap, but it sure sounds nice.
Old 12-24-2006, 10:55 AM

Look in your phone book for any local exhaust place. The exhaust is car specific so the tweaking to fit right should be fairly simple and just take a few minutes in the right hands. Very often the exhaust hangers get bent slightly when they are shipped roughly. That SS exhaust looks great and sounds awesome so don't send it back over a slight misalignment issue. Good luck. The install shouldn't cost you more than a half hour of labor time. I just put an exhaust on my car last week by backing both of the back wheels up on a small curb since I don't own ramps. Fortunately for me everything lined up perfectly the first time. My only trouble was loosening the bolts. WD-40 is your friend. Good luck to you. Merry Christmas.
Old 12-24-2006, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by dean,Dec 24 2006, 01:58 PM
A lift and a second pair of hands would be great about now.
I don't want to try bending anything just yet until I'm positive whatever is done to it will work. For what this thing cost I expected a near factory fit, not this headache so it may be getting sent back. It fits like crap, but it sure sounds nice.
What happened to your dreams of Mugen?
Old 12-24-2006, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Willie Gee,Dec 24 2006, 05:10 PM
What happened to your dreams of Mugen?
I had ordered and paid for one from one of the sponsors here, but the vendor couldn't deliver on time as promised so I canceled it. They apparently can't issue me a refund in a timely fashion as promised either. They've been blowing smoke up my ass since I canceled the order on Dec. 6 and I have yet to receive a refund. Things are probably going to get ugly next week.
Old 12-24-2006, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by hygiene boy,Dec 24 2006, 02:55 PM
Look in your phone book for any local exhaust place. The exhaust is car specific so the tweaking to fit right should be fairly simple and just take a few minutes in the right hands. Very often the exhaust hangers get bent slightly when they are shipped roughly. That SS exhaust looks great and sounds awesome so don't send it back over a slight misalignment issue.
It's worse than just a slight misalignment issue. None of the hangers are bent and bending them isn't going to fix the problem from what I can see. I think there's a mis-bend in one of the pipes.
In any event, the vendor got in touch with me today and told me to leave it alone. He's going to have someone from Supersprint call me Tues. or Wed. to see if they can figure it out.

Quick Reply: Exhaust shops