Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

The end is nigh...

Old 10-10-2006, 06:04 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default The end is nigh...

Well, kids, it looks like I'll soon be leaving Florida and all of its sunny weather and friendly faces. While there is still one more chance for a position in Orlando, odds are I will be relocating to another state by the start of next month. I won't list the choices of locale before I have made my decision, but all are bound to be in a more chilly latitude... I just hope the new faces are just as friendly. This isn't a final goodbye, just an early warning to give people enough time to adjust in their daily lives

If anyone is interested in taking a cross-country trip sitting shotgun, just say the word Since my car sits so low, getting it up on a rig for transport would be difficult, at best, so it looks like I'll be driving my little girl there. Depending upon distance, I may make it a one or two day affair, we'll see. If there's anything of real interest along the way, I may extend it.

The next few weeks are going to prove interesting, that's for sure
Old 10-10-2006, 07:33 AM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry to hear you'll be leaving. Hope to see you before you leave good sir.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

<---best Darth Vader voice after hearing Padme is dead: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Old 10-10-2006, 08:04 AM

I wish you luck in all your endevors. Hopefully you have driven on snow before as you mentioned "chilly". Stay active on the board and sway some new friends into the fold.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red face

Dan, when Mav moved (just this last weekend), he used Fed Ex to ship his car to CA. Let me get the link. Perhaps you can get the new employer to spring for that!

<edit> Here's the info on the enclosed car transport. http://passport.fedex.com/

Sorry to see you go, but I know you're following the $$$. You'll always have a spot here if you want to come & visit!!!

~Kimmie~
Old 10-10-2006, 08:31 AM

Good luck Dan I Guess I will have to send you my Windscreen box for you to fix at your new address.

Let us all know where you will be.

It is always sad to see an active S member leave. Especially with a trick out car.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:11 AM

Very interesting site, Kimmie... never knew FedEx offered such a service (I wonder if I get a business discount since I have an account with them?). Typically, companies offer to pay for miscellaneous stuff... moving expenses (including car), lease buyouts, etc. I get concerned when they don't offer such niceties.

Jeff, next meet bring your box and I'll take it home with me (or try and remember to bring the ColdHeat gun and a cap).

bk, I spent 3 years in boston with the S as my daily driver. Of course, she wasn't lowered back then, and I didn't have a snowplow for a front bumper. If I choose an area with heavy snow, it should make for some interesting winters.

More info to come...
Old 10-10-2006, 09:56 AM

Take care Dan. I wish you the best of luck with your career and your relocation. We will miss you.

Let me know if I can do anything for you.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:57 AM

I'm driving up to the Dragon at the end of the month (10/27-10/30). Let me know if you wanna make our own 'parade' up there.

My time where I'm at is also about up ... not sure what i want to do next. But, I doubt I'll move anywhere past Charlotte, NC (north) or Dallas. Cali is an option ... just a really competitive market out there and the lifestyle may be a little too 'snooty' for this country boy.

Good luck with whatever you decide. I know it's not always easy. We call still be 'pixel pals'.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:18 AM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

damn, sorry to hear that your gonna leave. You were one of the first local S2000 owners I meet up with. Thanks for everything hope everything goes smooth on your move to where your going

Quick Reply: The end is nigh...