Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Dyno Day with Mase (CONFIRMED)

Old 07-01-2009, 05:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=jwa4378,Jul 1 2009, 11:25 AM] Sweet!
Old 07-01-2009, 05:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you set up any kind of schedule for this event? When does it start...when does it end? Please post what it is going to be as you work in conjunction with Bobby and Jeff.

If the $50 3/pull Dyno sets are later, maybe more folks would show and make an evening out of this; like days of old.

I am in for the $50 dyno just to answer the silly question about what kind of gains you should really expect when you do basic CAI and exhaust mods. Any real gains are experienced on paper, not the butt dyno sensation. The real "tickle" is in the sound but, It'll be fun to post the numbers for these modest dollars spent.

*The Zackmaster is egging me to bring out the F250 Turbo and see what the numbers are with the "JUICE Attitude" electronics & Jarmin exhaust added.

Scott
Old 07-01-2009, 05:41 PM

Elroy - I have not spoken with him in a few days, as he is up at Virginia International Raceway until Monday. I was going to try and line up the cars, present them to him, and see if he will come down. Seeing as a few customers that were going to make the trip to Jax are down for this event, I think he will come...

That and the $350 for 3hrs of work per car. He charges more per hour for tuning in-house (I think), but he is not using his dyno... S&R is going to end up eating a little on that end, I think.... 2-3 hrs for $100 on the dyno is pretty darn cheap, IMO.

Mase is also about quality of life, not just $$$... And quality beer, good guys, and a free suite on the beach with a ski boat on Sunday are NICE perks for having to drive a few hours!

You could probably have the car tuned without the HPC coating... Not sure that will really affect the dyno tune... It just keeps engine bay temps down, and the hood is wide open on the dyno anyway.

I will post an hour-by-hour schedule of the tunes / events as soon as I can get Mase to commit. I do not want to set the ENTIRE thing up, and have him not show... This is just gauging interest for Mase to consider.

John
Old 07-02-2009, 11:53 AM

if you check out the recent thread in jax for our dyno day held at mase's shop you can get a ruff idea for numbers but as we seen it all depends on the car. He did all the dyno runs first (3 pulls for 50$) and tunes last for 100$ price my vary since he has to travel and it is not his shop but just giving you guys a heads up.. hes an awsome dude and fun to hang out with..
Old 07-02-2009, 12:11 PM
Banned

Hello all,

Im actually posting this from VIR. we are wrapping our last session up in a bit, however, just to let everyone know, I will commit to coming down to tampa, however, it kinda puts me in a bind with my time tables. been traveling a lot lately and have not caught up on work, and this is a little last minute, none the less, I am down to come down.

John I will call you back later this evening, but thanks for setting this up. also need to know what dyno we will be working with, etc.

Mase
Old 07-02-2009, 02:05 PM

Land and Sea AWD Dyno!
Old 07-02-2009, 05:05 PM

AWESOME! Mase is confirmed as in!

Looking forward to talking with you... And it looks like it will free your schedule up a little down the road, as Elroy and Mother can both be tuned down here, and will not have to come up to JAX.

I need to know if you plan on staying with us on Longboat Key after the tune Saturday night, or if you have other arrangements. Its about an hour or so south of the shop...

Sub-Zero - Can we get together on scheduling the day out? I will call the shop sometime tomorrow and talk with Bobby. Just wondering if you had any input on how to arrange the tuning/dyno time.

Elroy - Better get on that vendor! I need confirmation, of your slot.

Personally, I would like to see the tuning sessions begin early, before it gets stupid hot... Straight dyno pulls in the heat of the afternoon, and back to tuning late afternoon / evening, when it starts to cool a bit. Not sure how early you guys want to get started, but I have no problem starting ridiculously early! Mine will probably not take more than 2 hours on the dyno... I need road tuning more than anything, and that can be done afterwards.

I would like to see it like 8am-8pm, or some 12 hour window like that (make it a REAL dyno day). I think the dyno pulls (if we only have 6 or so cars doing ONLY dyno pulls) can be done quickly (2 hours tops). Also, if we also have 2 DBW Kraftwerks High Boost tunes, the first one might take a bit longer than the second one, for obvious reasons.... Once Mase gets one done, he will have a point of reference for the second, and will just need to dial it in (scaling for different injectors is apparently pretty easy/quick).

I am not a tuner, and this is my first dyno day, so if Sub-Zero or Mase want to do it a different way, we will do it their way!

John
Old 07-02-2009, 07:52 PM

Call tomorrow and Bobby and I will work it out. We have done tons of dynos days. 8am it too early for most people. Most us but most people won't show before 9-10.
Old 07-03-2009, 03:35 AM

So what is the day planed? I would prefer a weekday so I don't have to hear wify bitching.
Old 07-03-2009, 03:55 AM

Saturday... July 11th. My 26th B-day.

Not everyone can do it on a weekday, with work and what not...

My wifey will be there... They can bitch together!

If its too early for most people, maybe we can knock my car out early? If my car gets done when no-one else wants to be tuned, that will leave more time for everyone else... It depends on how early Mase wants to get started...

John

Quick Reply: Dyno Day with Mase (CONFIRMED)