Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Dyno Day with Mase (CONFIRMED)

Old 06-30-2009, 07:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would be interested in meeting other local S2000 owners, eating some good food, and seeing some nicely modded cars on the dyno. I would even be willing to get my car dynoed. There is no sense in me tuning since I only have a comptech intake and exhaust.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:27 PM

randycsvt - we will have time for straight dyno pulls too.... No need for tuning. There are also only so many tuning hours available, and they look like they are about taken up (especially if Under Pressure attends, that will be our cap, and they will all be FI s2000's).

John
Old 06-30-2009, 10:57 PM

i was planning on hitting the dyno this friday, but i could possibly wait. I would like to attend anyway just to see everyone.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by jwa4378,Jun 30 2009, 11:17 PM
Elroy / Mother - How tuned are you guys already? Just wondering if its just a re-tune for more power, or starting from scratch/new install.
I'm running on an off the shelf map right now that seems to run pretty well but should be retuned and optimized for my car.

Elroy's switching to different sized injectors so I'm not sure if there's an off the shelf map for him to start with... it may be from scratch for him.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:54 AM

Cool. Thanks guys! List updated.

Trying to get a dyno estimate from Bobby for those interested in tuning vs. straight dyno time. I am trying to get a bit of a discount for those getting tuned, as they also have to pay for Mase...

Keep it coming! The more people, the more likely Mase is to show up. He is at Virginia International Raceway until after the 4th. We should know by the beginning of next week whether or not he can make it. Its looking better and better the more cars we get!

John
Old 07-01-2009, 05:15 AM

I'd like to know the pricing before I fully commit as well. I know what Mase would charge me if I wanted to drive up to his shop in Jacksonville, which was my original plan. If it works out to about the same or just a little more then that's cool.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:25 AM

Of course, less would be even better.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by jwa4378,Jun 30 2009, 07:17 PM
Awesome! List updated.

As far as jockeying for his time, I will keep the list as is, and will add "alternates" to the list who want tuning, in case someone does not show... I think what we have will take a good bit of the day (mine will probably take 2-3 hrs on the dyno alone). And speedworksracing is only getting tuned if its cheap enough, and ka-titties might not even show (again, price dependent). I think if we can get 4-5 full tunes (we already have 4 with myself, Elroy, Mother, and Composimo) we should have a pretty full day of tuning. My car will also need some road tuning afterwards...

Elroy / Mother - How tuned are you guys already? Just wondering if its just a re-tune for more power, or starting from scratch/new install.

Under Pressure - DO IT! Even if you are in Miami, looks like there is e85 on the turnpike in a few locations, and some in Orlando, so you should be able to make it to Tampa fine, if you head up the turnpike... There is also always a gas can or two that can fit in the trunk! looks like there is some in Lakeland too, so you can fill up right before Tampa.
http://www.e85refueling.com/locations.php?...state=flFlorida

John
Ya but the way up to tampa is i75 not turnpike... I do about 100miles to the tank right now... looking for big gas tanks to fit my trunk now!
Old 07-01-2009, 06:15 AM

Mother - I think it will be close to same... I think S&R is going to charge $450 for full tunes... 2-3 hours on the dyno, depending on the car (bobby said no more than 3 hours at that price). I want to say that Mase charges ~$150/hr for dyno tuning in house (dyno time + tuning time).
$100 for the dyno
$350 to the tuner.

That will get you ~2-3 hours on the dyno with the tuner. Anything beyond 2-3 hours will be a bit extra, and can be worked out with the shop/tuner at that time.

As far as the simpler VAFCII tunes, that will have to be worked out with mase. You will pay standard dyno time (for whatever you end up using) and Mase will charge his standard rate... I do not think S&R charges any more per-hour than Mase does for dyno time...

Straight dyno pulls will be $50 for 3 pulls with boost/AFR/etc.

Under Pressure - Yeah, the turnpike is not the fastest / most direct way, but you could run it up to Orlando, and then over on I-4 to Tampa. e85 is along that route... HOLY NO GAS MILEAGE, BATMAN! I knew e85 took more fuel, but DAMN...

John
Old 07-01-2009, 06:25 AM

Just confirmed with Bobby on the pricing. Prices are now in the first post of this thread.

John

Quick Reply: Dyno Day with Mase (CONFIRMED)