Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Dyno Day with Mase (CONFIRMED)

Old 06-29-2009, 07:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyno Day with Mase (CONFIRMED)

Hey guys-

My s2k is at S&R getting the radiator repaired. I was going to have them tune it, but then I heard back from Mase that he can fit me in.

Bobby has expressed interest in holding a dyno day at S&R Performance, with Mase coming in to do the tuning. Mase has confirmed that he is in for the event!

Please post up if you are interested in attending a dyno day on July 11 at S&R Performance. July 11 is my 26th birthday, so a Mase tune and a few dyno pulls would be GREAT party, IMO. I will supply the keg and will do any grilling that people desire.

Once again... Dyno day, with Mase in attendance for tuning, Saturday, July 11, 2009. Post up if interested. I will keep a running tally in the first post of this thread.

I am going to post something up on TampaRacing as well.

People interested in Mase tuning @ the possible July 11 Dyno Day.

Full Sessions:
1. jwa4378 (turbo, AEM) - CONFIRMED
2. Mother (Kraftwerks High Boost, Hondata) - CONFIRMED - DEPOSIT PAID.
3. ITBs2k (AEM, TWM 50mm ITB setup) - CONFIRMED - DEPOSIT PAID.
4. Under Pressure - (Lovefab, e85, AEM(?) ) - Pending a pump gas tune from Mase.
5. slidzhapply - (Greddy turbo kit) - CONFIRMED

Smaller Piggyback tunes:
4. speedworksracing (VAFCII)* - .5 hour tops.
5. ka-titties (TampaRacing/Tallyimports. Emanage Blue, KA-24, gt28 turbo, Nissan S13) - He is going to be road tuning his car himself (his new injectors are not in yet), but will probably want Mase to take a look at it... Maybe .5 hours for Mase.

Alternates:
7. ComposiMo - Depends on whether he goes racing on the 11th or to the dyno day.

*Maybe, depends on price of tune/dyno pulls.

People interested in dyno only.
1. randycsvt
2. new 2 the s2
3. zachsdad2 (I hope its the F250! I would LOVE to see the smoke from THAT tailpipe! Diesel, right? )
4. scutrCR

PRICING:
1. $450 for a full EMS tune (ballpark, depends on how long it actually takes). This will get you 2-3 hours on the dyno with the tuner. I believe it is right in line with Mase's rates, if not a tad cheaper (Mase charges tuning time + dyno time). Plus, no trip to Jax needed!
2. $50 for 3 pulls on the dyno with AFR/boost, etc.
3. If your tune takes a ridiculously short amount of time (VAFCII, possibly some of the emanage stuff), you will just pay dyno time + Mase's individual rate.

Cheers!

John
Old 06-29-2009, 01:34 PM

Sounds great!
Old 06-29-2009, 02:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

....... DO IT !!!!!!!!

We've needed to do this for a long time. Everyone had a blast the last time until some cat with a sleeper Stang showed up at the last minute to take the prize away from JC. We need better instructions for the event instead of someone texting his buddy and saying to get here quick and win the WHP contest.

I for one woud love to know what minimal gains there are with the Fujitsubo and K&N products over stock. Jeff/Bobby.....give us a stupid low ball figure for 2-3 pulls on the Dyno to jack up the crowd and raise the intensity of how much fun this is!!!!!! If the price is right, everyone will be supporting this to the MAX !!!

Too, BBQ always is the answer for the summer hunger pains. I might even be coaxed to do a hands on World Famous Beef Jerky display with secret recipes being shown Full Monty and, fully prepared samples for the masses until it's all gone. Someone needs to be prepared to capture this on Video and SLR.

Scott
Old 06-29-2009, 02:42 PM

we need cars for Mase to tune before it's set in stone...

I know there are a few KW guys, which I think uses Hondata... Which Mase is great with!

Any guys with Emanage or EMS, he can do those too!

Post up if you want/need a tune. Without cars to tune, Mase will not be coming!

Later!

John
Old 06-29-2009, 02:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys, do not hesitate to attend this meet and to get your N/A or F/I cars tuned by Mase.

Mase is top notch person and tuner. Very friendly and extremely knowledgeable when it comes to cars and tuning. He has tuned many brands of cars and ECU. So don't be shy to throw out a challenge to him.

Make all the sacrifices possible to attend this tune/meet. It will be well worth it to get your car tuned by one/few best tuners out there.

Chris
Old 06-29-2009, 03:14 PM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

I have nothing to tune for say but, I could have Mase do a check of my VAFCII I will be there if it goes down
Old 06-29-2009, 03:38 PM

^ Puddy, he tuned my VAFCII about 2 years ago. I picked up ~15rwhp from 3000-7000RPM, and about 10rwhp peak (I was a MY00, so my power fell off the map at 8800RPM, and I picked up ~25rwhp from 8600-9200). I think I also managed +20tq through the midrange too...

VTEC was lowered to 5200RPM, and the pull was MUCH more linear.

Lets get some more cars! I really do not want to have to drive it all the way to Jacksonville for the tune! But I will, if I have to!

John
Old 06-29-2009, 04:11 PM

John have you asked Mase if he would come down and do it yet?
Old 06-29-2009, 05:25 PM

Yes, but he said it would have to be pretty profitable for him to make the trip... Basically that 1-2 cars would not cut it... He would need almost a full day of tuning to make the trip.

I will see if I can get him to post up in here the number of cars / tuning hours he would need to make the trip.

If the shop can front the $ for a full day, and individual cars can reimburse you as they come in, that would probably work... But it would be a risk for your shop, and might have to end up eating some of the money if people didn't show up. It would all be tax deductible, though. Its a promotional event! Advertising! It would be a "promotional fee" instead of a paid contractor (and all the 1099 crap that comes along with it). I got my master's in taxation, baby!

I am down for probably 5 hours myself (2-3 on the dyno), after road tuning is taken into account.

Mase is a cool guy, and is not all about the money. If we can get him his profits, and treat him to a helluva fun weekend, I think he will come down. I have already offered to let him stay at our family condo on the beach on Longboat Key, a NICE keg of beer, and some motorboating fun afterwards to relax / get some sun on sunday. I will even smoke him a chunk of meat of his choosing (ribs, roast, etc.).

Jeff - You and Bobby are also welcome to come along for some motorboat / tubing fun afterwards too!

John
Old 06-30-2009, 07:40 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have nothing to tune but would love to come out for the event

Quick Reply: Dyno Day with Mase (CONFIRMED)