Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Double 3 Lane Change Accident

Old 09-06-2002, 02:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I did something very stupid about 15 minutes ago...

As some of you know I am at about 0%-5% tire life now (just ordered new s02s) and well this is what happened...

I am driving in Vero Beach on a road called 60 which is like a US1 that goes East and West, and this guy in a hooked up talon wants to race so he is in front of me at the red light and I am behind him, we then get up to about 50-60mph and he switches 3 lanes to weave in and out of traffic and I follow, then immediately we have to do another 3 lane change in the other direction well once I was on the 2nd 3lane change man My whole fuking car did TWO 360degree turns leaving me facing traffic and rolling backwards at like 40mph across a huge divider ACROSS incoming traffic <thank god there was no cars> and slammed right into a fence with trees in a park

Then all the traffic stopped on both sides and like 7 people ran to my car to see if me and my g/f were okay with no seatbelts on and yes not 1 scratch. then all these motherfukers are all calling the police on me OMG... so I start telling them to STOP.. anyways My car woudnt start... then about 2 minutes later I got it to start and It was drivable I tried to leave but then the police stopped me in a neighborhood. I told them about my tires and they were really cool they didnt even ask me for my license and insurance they just asked if I was okay and then asked if there were any 2nd cars in the accident...

So the end is now im back home in 1 piece <thank god> and now when I drive my freaking S feels like its driving on bumps.. and for me to drive my car straight my steering wheel is like at a 90 degree angle I guess I ruined my control arms...

1 dented rim and some polishing... not 1 scratch on the car.

I guess I had my lesson coming to me...
Dont try this at home...

Later,
Jonathan
Old 09-06-2002, 08:18 PM

Count yourself lucky that you didn't take out anyone else on the road.

Count yourself lucky that you AND your girlfriend didn't get hurt

Count yourself lucky that you didn't catch anything in the divider that would have flipped you upside down.

WS
02 Spa Yellow
Old 09-07-2002, 10:54 AM
Banned

That really sucks man!! Well atleast you are OK and life goes on, hopefully it's cheap for you to fix and get it going 100% again. Good luck.
Old 09-07-2002, 01:56 PM

I think your first line explains it all
Old 09-07-2002, 02:18 PM

I did that in my winter car on the highway when I slide on some ICE! It was really bad..Didn't hit anyone and came inches away from the guardrail. I had to wait for the state police to come stop traffic and let me turn around! It sucked..

Glad to hear that you and your g/f are alright..the car can be fixed!
Old 09-07-2002, 05:34 PM

did you have your seatbelt on on the way home after the accident... you'll never catch me in a car (ESPECIALLY a topless one) without a belt.... ESPECIALLY when racing some guy in a "hooked up anything"....

as wchin said you are lucky for not hurting yourself and your girlfriend, i say you are lucky you didnt get killed...
Old 09-07-2002, 05:45 PM

Are you sure you're okay? I hope you don't have some kind of head injury, because you seem unable to use punctuation.
Old 09-09-2002, 06:41 AM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Forrest Gump: "Mama says, stupid is as stupid does."

You're lucky you didn't kill someone else on the road. I think you should do us all a favor, and take the bus from now on...

Old 09-09-2002, 02:28 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mav
[B]Forrest Gump: "Mama says, stupid is as stupid does."
Old 09-09-2002, 05:51 PM

From Mav's comment I doubt he was amused.. As stated earlier, glad you are okay, but seriously, you guys need to leave your egos at home. If you want to race, take it to a race track where you can't injure innocent bystanders. You should be looking at this as a new lease on life. Last year a Vette and Ferrari 360 up in NJ/VA weren't so lucky. 2 people died because some stupid idiots got more horsepower than sense.
Also hope you are going to church this week because it is a miracle you didn't seriously injure yourself or your girlfriend. Poor equipment (bald tires), no seat belts, public roadway, what the heck were you thinking - and for what - to post on the board that you smoked a Talon.

Quick Reply: Double 3 Lane Change Accident