Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

death toll on florida highways in 2005

Old 01-13-2007, 09:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default death toll on florida highways in 2005

was 3,533.

More than the current death toll of US soldiers in Iraq.

In 2006 more than 8,600 pedestrians were struck.

Number one on the list of Florida Stategic Highway Safety Plan:
"Curbing agressive driving"

Transportation Related Safety Problems Facing Florida Today:
"Agressive or reckless driving"

All I'm saying is that we need to make every effort to not be considered part of this impact.

death or permanent injury sucks ... especially if you inflict it upon someone else who's innocent.
my opinion ...
Old 01-14-2007, 05:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scott, we are all adults here and most of us understand and accept the consequences of driving aggressively.

There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:

a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,

a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,

a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,

a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,

a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,

a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,

a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.
Old 01-14-2007, 02:28 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

jesusphish: pm sent ... please respond.

For those of you considering another group drive with 'spirited' driving in residential areas: there have been calls made by those residents to the local law enforcement. Their comments included statements about how this is becoming a common occurence and mostly with "covertible Hondas".

I can assure you that this is not being taken lightly. There is a also a member of federal law enforcement in that general area who may have been involved in a 'survey'.

I implore you all to consider your actions and the inevitable tainting of the S2000 in the public eye. I ask this of you because I worry about you or someone else being hurt during something like this.

take care
Old 01-14-2007, 02:52 PM

Who is they, can you post your proof of these calls and what this survey was about?? What about which agency is spearheading this? More info please......

Not calling you out, I just want to see what actions have been taken and in what areas. i want to gather some info on this for myself so if you have links or transcripts please post them so we can get a better idea of what repercussions we are causing.
Old 01-14-2007, 03:06 PM

primo you did a great job leading dont forget that i would not mind being in your group on the next drive see ya later.
Old 01-14-2007, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Bandiscoot,Jan 14 2007, 06:28 PM
jesusphish: pm sent ... please respond.

For those of you considering another group drive with 'spirited' driving in residential areas: there have been calls made by those residents to the local law enforcement. Their comments included statements about how this is becoming a common occurence and mostly with "covertible Hondas".

I can assure you that this is not being taken lightly. There is a also a member of federal law enforcement in that general area who may have been involved in a 'survey'.

I implore you all to consider your actions and the inevitable tainting of the S2000 in the public eye. I ask this of you because I worry about you or someone else being hurt during something like this.

take care
Well said. Safety is priority!
Old 01-15-2007, 06:40 AM

i would like to see this proof as well and honestly i dont care about cops cause most NOT ALL of the cops here are racist and some people know what i am talking about with my brother's incident (not going into detail) so when i see a cop on my ass while im driving the limit, i go 5 MPH below then when they get really close, i drop 10 MPH just to have them realize not to ride my ass
Old 01-15-2007, 06:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ishbu,Jan 15 2007, 10:40 AM
i would like to see this proof as well and honestly i dont care about cops cause most NOT ALL of the cops here are racist and some people know what i am talking about with my brother's incident (not going into detail) so when i see a cop on my ass while im driving the limit, i go 5 MPH below then when they get really close, i drop 10 MPH just to have them realize not to ride my ass
Gee I can't imagine why they would be annoyed with you and start looking for a reason to pull you over.

When a cop is behind me I just continue doing whatever I was doing, speeding, etc.

All of the local cops I know are about as far from what you describe as possible but since I'm white and I'm assuming you don't mean racist against white's I guess I'm just "lucky" - or maybe it's just not something I even pay attention to. Attitude and demeanor are what dictates my opinion of a person.

And people wonder why there is discrimination. Get over it and move on with your life.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:35 AM

How did Florida Traffic Fatalities stats turn into a thread about racism?
Old 01-15-2007, 07:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Willie Gee,Jan 15 2007, 11:35 AM

How did Florida Traffic Fatalities stats turn into a thread about racism?
Actually it turned into a thread about the neighborhoods in the group drives, followed by the cops who got the complaints, followed by most cops being racist.

That's about how it happened.

Off topic, yes...

Quick Reply: death toll on florida highways in 2005