Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Courtesy and decorum on S2KI

Old 10-09-2006, 10:35 AM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Albeit new here, even I find some links/threads that ammount to so much mud throwing. Our cars can be personal, sometimes emotional extensions of ourselves and as such can cause quite the stirr. Bottom line should be to keep it fun/ informational.

Common interests should breed common respect and a healthy environment to do so. Basically I joined to learn as much as I can from those that have gone before me.

Ok, now that I have transcended, I'll go find Buddah, but I hope the point is clear...
Old 10-09-2006, 11:03 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you think it has only been the last few months, you're memory is failing you (or at least your outlook on forum life is pretty rosey). In my opinion, it took a steep dive shortly after the board rules began their major changes a few years back (late-2003, early-2004)... coincidence or not, it's about the same time. I haven't spent any considerable time in S2000 Talk for possibly two years (been there maybe three times in the last year?). Even my original hangout, Electronics Talk, doesn't see me post but once every couple of months now. I stick almost exclusively to my favorite local forums.

Part of the reason is I no longer feel the need to dispense info to noobs... let the slightly less noob'ish do that now. I shot my wad giving out new and unique info the first few years, now there's little for me to add. Once the rules changed heavily to make this site a pure money maker (no selling even in local forums by registered S2000 owners? ), I stopped caring much what happened here on a whole. Granted, that doesn't make me too popular with the higher ups, but so be it...
Old 10-09-2006, 11:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MacGyver,Oct 9 2006, 03:03 PM
I shot my wad ...
Don't you think you should keep that confined to the privacy of your own home?
Old 10-09-2006, 11:12 AM

registered members can't sell even on the local forums?? When did that happen?
Old 10-09-2006, 11:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wildcardtrd,Oct 9 2006, 02:12 PM
registered members can't sell even on the local forums?? When did that happen?
Guests cannot. Members may sell.

See the sticky up top. Rules selling in the FL forum.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:25 AM

A quote from the great TIDALDAVE....."Our local Forum is about the people".

That said, "RESPECT" is priority #1. While all of the other segments contained within the entire S2KI site are available and necessary concerning the cars themselves, what constitutes our warm and fuzzy feeling is the mutual feeling of respect for personal decision. That is why there is both Chocolate and Vanilla, neither is better, just different flavors for different folks.

And just for brownie points, I believe that the CO's of the Florida Forum do a "dadgum" good job and keeping the level where it needs to be. Friendly, competitive trash talk is always fun and incites even the quite, conservative introverts to giggle and get involved. But, all should feel welcome. You guys do a great job in balancing this task.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:36 AM

the whole members Vs. guests selling was/is still a major thorn for a lot of people.

We decided to adopt the policy inside here because the main for sale forum is that way. i could easily go either way about it but I do feel if you are going to gain monetarily from the site you should contribute the price of membership to further the sites cause.

Most people dont mind becoming a member to sell, especially if it means being able to sell a high dollar item. Being able to put a highly specialized item in front of the eyes of a highly concentrated population of people interested in your highly specialized item should be worth the price of admission to member status IMHO.

I dont want to spin off into a selling policy debate so I apologize for the hijack

</hijack>
Old 10-09-2006, 12:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

not a hijack Primo...

i do not and will not have an issue spending $20/year on this site as long as the quality (GUI) stays high as well as the standards. This is a proven practice of eliminating SOME questionable scenarios by people with questionable intent. Unfortunately ... that is our world.

The only other thing that would begin to 'bother' me is if this site went with an IPO because of profits. With that ... please don't show me any balance sheets.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by PrimoGen,Oct 9 2006, 08:57 AM
I cant speak for too many other local forums but we seem to keep our act pretty classy in here.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by jvrabel,Oct 9 2006, 03:50 PM
As soon as I saw your post I had to see what you said.

Quick Reply: Courtesy and decorum on S2KI