Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Condensation in left headlight! Damn!

Old 09-01-2003, 12:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by hygiene boy
Well I tried to VTEC yesterday but it won't switch cam lobes and it's making funny noises W/ no power above 6000 rpm's so my car is back at the dealer wating for them to open tomorrow. I was so looking forward to VTEC and I feel very let down. I hope they can fix it soon.
It's a brand new engine, why would it not vtech? That's weird. I'm not much into engines, what's your take on that? A tuning/computer thing?
Old 09-01-2003, 12:25 PM

Maybe timing or valves need to adjusted? It is wierd and that's why it's back at the dealer.
Old 09-01-2003, 02:22 PM

Yes, his car is at American collision on 66th St. by Scott's house, but they and everywhere else is closed until Tuesday. We took pictures of the car today and of the accident spot. I think he's waiting to make an official post about his accident.

-Troy-
Thread is up with pics, will be updated with details as they come from shop/insurance. For now I am trying to adjust to the raw power of the Hyuadai Elantra rental car they gave me.
Old 09-02-2003, 02:49 PM

Got my car back and all seems well for now at least!
Old 09-02-2003, 05:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow - this is the official bad luck thread. I read it yesterday and was thinking that I was pretty lucky with mine so far, then got ready to go for a drive and heard "tick tick" as I rolled the car out.

Looked at my tires and found a screw head lodged in my left front tire tread (no puncture, just pinched in place between tread blocks) and thought that I was really lucky. Got in to go and "tick tick" some more...

Turns out there was another screw in one of the rear tires (this one was all the way through the tire)

Aaargh!

So here's warning to everyone reading - do not post on this thread - it's cursed!
Old 09-03-2003, 11:56 AM

I'm not worried about a curse. I don't have a car to curse. I saw my car today. All the frame work is done and welding a new quarter is done. Next is mounting the new fenders and bumpers. They are doing a great job, just slow. I'm thinking the first week in October. I'm an vacation the 7th through the 21st. That will be a nice present. Where shall I go.
Old 09-03-2003, 07:46 PM

Originally posted by jcarlton
I'm not worried about a curse. I don't have a car to curse. I saw my car today. All the frame work is done and welding a new quarter is done. Next is mounting the new fenders and bumpers. They are doing a great job, just slow. I'm thinking the first week in October. I'm an vacation the 7th through the 21st. That will be a nice present. Where shall I go.
Let me know when you get the aftercooler and gears on so I can get a ride!
Old 09-04-2003, 04:46 AM

Good luck Troy. Check it out throughly so they can fix and problems early. I can't believe they screwed up setting the motor up the first time. That was a Honda dealer!

I will drive mine around for awhile after I get it back before I do the mods. Just in case.
Old 09-04-2003, 08:26 AM

My car feels a little faster every day , maybe the computer is slow to learn the new motor? Why does is rain all day every day? I've never hated rain so much in all of my life untill I got my S2000.
Old 09-04-2003, 08:44 AM

Why does is rain all day every day? I've never hated rain so much in all of my life untill I got my S2000.
I hope you don't have to do a lot of driving tomorrow. It's supposed to be pretty bad.

Quick Reply: Condensation in left headlight! Damn!