Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

College Football!

Old 11-30-2008, 05:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are going to be in a weak conference you gotta win all your games. That's the bane of the Pac-10.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by jesusphish,Nov 30 2008, 08:31 PM
You would think that there would be more discussion in this thread as the teams vie for position.
Sorry I have been at my parents where they have ... Dial-Up?!?!?!?!

Anyways, here goes:
OSU sucks
OU is good, BUT they lost to Texas heads up, so I think it is really crappy for the players to let OU go instead of Texas

Now when it comes to match up against Bama or Florida:
OU has a great offense that should be able to keep up with either team, but their defense isn't all that great
Texas has a little better defense and can still score lots of points

Overrated SEC, no, ranked incorrectly, yes.
Florida should be #1 and Bama should be #4 - this based purely on who I think would win heads up games, not schedule or wins/losses

Now if Percy can't play next weekend there may be some trouble for Florida, and if he can't play in the Championship game at 100% it will be a lot harder for Florida
Old 12-01-2008, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by coursevector,Dec 1 2008, 09:32 AM
Anyways, here goes:
OSU sucks
OU is good, BUT they lost to Texas heads up, so I think it is really crappy for the players to let OU go instead of Texas

Overrated SEC, no, ranked incorrectly, yes.
Florida should be #1 and Bama should be #4 - this based purely on who I think would win heads up games, not schedule or wins/losses

I don't think that a 9-3 record qualifies as sucking.

The "players" had nothing to do with the decision to boost OU aver Texas.

We'll see how good OU is when they beat Missouri in the Big XII championship and play the winner of the SEC in the big game.

How can you justify putting Florida above Alabama with a loss to an unranked team at home? You're logic in this statement is flawed. Florida is not better than OU or Texas whose losses came to teams ranked in the top 10. Ole miss is barely in the top 25 now and weren't even ranked at the time they beat Florida.

The Big XII tie breaker system is not fair but it is what we have. Texas can still make it to the title game with an OU loss.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by jesusphish,Dec 1 2008, 10:41 AM
I don't think that a 9-3 record qualifies as sucking.

We'll see how good OU is when they beat Missouri in the Big XII championship and play the winner of the SEC in the big game.

How can you justify putting Florida above Alabama with a loss to an unranked team at home? You're logic in this statement is flawed. Florida is not better than OU or Texas whose losses came to teams ranked in the top 10. Ole miss is barely in the top 25 now and weren't even ranked at the time they beat Florida.

The Big XII tie breaker system is not fair but it is what we have. Texas can still make it to the title game with an OU loss.
That's cause he is delusional
Old 12-01-2008, 01:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Still lots of football to play. Hoping for Gators vs OU but the Tide will be a tough one without a doubt.

The SEC definitely didn't turn out the way it looked earlier in the season IMO. Georgia and LSU were particular dissappointments. Ole Miss gave a number of teams a fit and that loss was probably the best thing that happened to UF. Lucky for us it was early in the season. From top to bottom though I'll still put the SEC against any other but the Big XII has plenty to brag about this season.

Go Gators and Get Well "Oh Mercy, it's Percy"!!!!
Old 12-01-2008, 01:27 PM

You guys are all

Boise State #1!!!
Old 12-01-2008, 04:01 PM

Exactly
Old 12-01-2008, 04:14 PM

I justified it by saying "this based purely on who I think would win heads up games, not schedule or wins/losses"

And in my head Florida IS better than OU and Texas

In my opinion the best team is the one that can go to the championship game and beat a good team, which Florida can do. Obviously their loss to a crappy team was a mistake and not a good representation of how good they are. On the other hand OU's loss to Texas was a perfect example of them playing near their best and being beaten.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:30 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by coursevector,Dec 1 2008, 05:14 PM
I justified it by saying "this based purely on who I think would win heads up games, not schedule or wins/losses"

And in my head Florida IS better than OU and Texas

In my opinion the best team is the one that can go to the championship game and beat a good team, which Florida can do. Obviously their loss to a crappy team was a mistake and not a good representation of how good they are. On the other hand OU's loss to Texas was a perfect example of them playing near their best and being beaten.
Nobody hates UF as much as I do... and I completely agree.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:35 PM

You are making very little sense. Of the top five teams, all but one have lost a game. Of course, you already knew that. In my head, Florida is the fourth best team in the country. Alabama is better than OU and Texas which are both better than Florida. I could say that OU is the best team in the country but we have two games left to win in order to prove that.

Quick Reply: College Football!