Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

College Football!

Old 11-18-2008, 02:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by coursevector,Nov 18 2008, 06:31 PM
Anyways, I just don't understand how you can say the SEC is overrated when it has 2 teams in the top 5, both of which could beat any other team.
I am going to have to respectfully disagree with that statement. Neither Florida nor Alabama has faced an Offense that can score at will all this season. All three of the top Big XII teams has that capability. It was clearly evident in the Texas/ Texas Tech game when Graham Harrell led the Raiders all the way down the field with 1:30 left in the game to win it. To make a blanket statement that Alabama or Florida could beat any other team in the Top 10 laughable, not to mention the top 5. You are entitled to your opinion however. More reason for there to be a playoff.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by jesusphish,Nov 18 2008, 06:57 PM
I am going to have to respectfully disagree with that statement. Neither Florida nor Alabama has faced an Offense that can score at will all this season. All three of the top Big XII teams has that capability. It was clearly evident in the Texas/ Texas Tech game when Graham Harrell led the Raiders all the way down the field with 1:30 left in the game to win it. To make a blanket statement that Alabama or Florida could beat any other team in the Top 10 laughable, not to mention the top 5. You are entitled to your opinion however. More reason for there to be a playoff.
Playoffs! Playoffs! Playoffs!!!!!!

So when I say, Florida can beat any team in the nation, I mean they have the ability to beat any team. I would also agree that the Raiders have the same ability under the right conditions.

Alabama.....maybe/maybe not. A perfect example of how screwed up the BCS is. I don't think anyone believes Alabama is better than Florida.

So I guess we should all be excited to see the winner of the SEC play the winner..... errrr .... randomly chosen team of the Big12.

Most of me hopes the Raiders go down so that all the undefeated teams lose, but now there is a part of me wishing they win so that I don't have to hear the whining or see a team go instead of team that beat them. Of course this combined with our new President's wishes might be enough to get playoffs
Old 11-18-2008, 05:50 PM

You would think the president of the free world would have more important things to do than to push for a playoff system in college football.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by coursevector,Nov 18 2008, 06:31 PM
I agree that Florida is better than the rest of the SEC, but that doesn't make the SEC "overrated".

Also, you are assuming that the current rankings are now correct....doubtful.

The BCS is one of the worst ranking systems available.

It was obviously WAYYY off at the beginning of the year, so why do you think it is right now???

Anyways, I just don't understand how you can say the SEC is overrated when it has 2 teams in the top 5, both of which could beat any other team.

Yes the Big12 is having a good year, but other that that, who would you put above the SEC?
The current rankings are bit more accurate now because they have played games. Instead of guessing. Like they did at the beginning of the season and gave it to the SEC as the best confrence.....
At the beginning of the year it was this big talk . "OMG the SEC is loaded". Best confrence by by far". Well after watching the season play it's self out. We see that was not the case. LSU is not that big confrence team that was being shoved down every ones throat by ESPN. Niether was Georgia, Auburn. Tenn, Vandy etc etc. Alabama is a good team. But the Gators should have no problem dealing with them.

Texas tech, Texas, Oklahoma. Would hand each of those teams there a$$. Except for Florida. That would be close.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:49 PM

So just to be clear.

You start by telling me:
The current rankings are accurate

And finish with:
#4 should have no problem with #1
and
#2, #3, #5 could hand #1 "there a$$"
Old 11-19-2008, 03:32 PM

Isn't it great? We are going to get to see some really great football here on out. #2 and #5 play this week. #1 and #3 play each other in three weeks.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:05 PM

Sooooo excited!!!!

Cool little image:

Texas Tech vs. Oklahoma .... any predictions out there???
Old 11-19-2008, 05:11 PM

Las Vegas has OU winning by 7. Since it is in Norman, I have to say OU by 3.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:21 PM

Oh yea, one more thing about the "Overrated SEC":

BCS Championship History:
SEC: 4-0
Big12: 2-3
Pac10: 1-1
Big10: 1-2
Big East: 1-2
ACC: 1-2

This with the "Overrated SEC" taking 2003, 2006, 2007, and very likely 2008

Would a record of 5-0 or winning the championship 3 years in a row be enough to say maybe the SEC is actually that good???
Old 11-19-2008, 05:26 PM

Last year and the year before don't count. You beat OSU.

Quick Reply: College Football!