Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

College Football!

Old 10-05-2008, 01:52 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Obviously the pollers think that USF is such a horrible team. I mean with a horrible game against PITT they are STILL ranked higher than 2 of the teams that would "whoop" them. I enjoy how some of you florida BIG 3 fans think so low of USF. When your team has a bad game its just the way it goes but when USF has a bad game they are "overrated" and a "crap team". I have been a fan of all 3 teams at some point in my life until USF got a program and I am still a UF so I'm only slightly biased

FYI- The only ranked team FSU played they lost. Same for Miami.
USF has beat 2 ranked teams.

I am not saying there aren't some flaws in the rankings but sgive USF some well deserved respect already.
Old 10-05-2008, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kalibo,Oct 5 2008, 01:52 PM
Obviously the pollers think that USF is such a horrible team. I mean with a horrible game against PITT they are STILL ranked higher than 2 of the teams that would "whoop" them. I enjoy how some of you florida BIG 3 fans think so low of USF. When your team has a bad game its just the way it goes but when USF has a bad game they are "overrated" and a "crap team". I have been a fan of all 3 teams at some point in my life until USF got a program and I am still a UF so I'm only slightly biased

FYI- The only ranked team FSU played they lost. Same for Miami.
USF has beat 2 ranked teams.

I am not saying there aren't some flaws in the rankings but sgive USF some well deserved respect already.
USF was way overrated last year, and is overrated this year,

the only team more overrated than USF last year was Hawaii.

Seriously though. You put USF up against Miami, they'll lose. Against FSU, they'll lose.

I'm not saying USF isn't good, but I'd like to see them with real competition. Pitt made USF play the way they would against a moderately better team.

USF has a ways to go but they're on their way.

yeah, I know strength of schedule isn't there for the ACC. I'm over that. What I'd like to see is for the pollers and BCS pollers to ditch the west-coast favoritism.

Pac-10 is obviously weaker than any other conference out there, but didn't they have like 3 teams pre-season ranked in the top 25? What happened there?
Old 10-05-2008, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by chimmike,Oct 5 2008, 06:08 PM
USF was way overrated last year, and is overrated this year,

the only team more overrated than USF last year was Hawaii.

Seriously though. You put USF up against Miami, they'll lose. Against FSU, they'll lose.

I'm not saying USF isn't good, but I'd like to see them with real competition. Pitt made USF play the way they would against a moderately better team.

USF has a ways to go but they're on their way.

yeah, I know strength of schedule isn't there for the ACC. I'm over that. What I'd like to see is for the pollers and BCS pollers to ditch the west-coast favoritism.

Pac-10 is obviously weaker than any other conference out there, but didn't they have like 3 teams pre-season ranked in the top 25? What happened there?
I guess Kansas is overrated too? I remember a very hard fought game against a very good Big XII team that will be fighting for the Big XII North spot in the Big XII championship. USF did win that game. They are not overrated.
Old 10-05-2008, 05:58 PM

Game of the Week: Oklahoma vs. Texas in Dallas.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:42 PM

A few big games this week!
Old 10-05-2008, 07:32 PM

Just to be clear, the USF team you think deserves to be ranked barely beat UCF in overtime..... UCF is ranked around 100, only beat Kansas by 3 at home (your "big win"), and lost to Pittsburgh at home who is only 24.

Seriously, what makes you deserve to be above Pittsburgh, they beat you at home.

Don't get me wrong, you deserve some respect, you are MUCH MUCH better than you used to be, but to think you deserve to be ranked after your games this year is a joke.

Think about it from any angle:

Record:
You have already lost a game and still ranked above undefeated Northwestern, undefeated Tulsa, and undefeated Ball State.

Schedule:
You play in the Big East
Kansas is the only ranked team you play, just 1 game against a ranked opp
And for your first game instead of playing a ranked team or even a decent team, you decided to play Tennessee-Martin. Seriously, play a real team.

Stats:
You are averaging 10 points over your opponents, and Undefeated Unranked Tulsa is averaging 30 point wins
You are losing 7-1 in turnovers against your opponents

I am sorry for all the USF hate, I have to work with a bunch of USF fans and I can't stand them thinking they deserve respect when they are not that good.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:59 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As of right now neither Tulsa nor Ball State has played a ranked team. The only ranked Team Pitt has played is USF. USF had wins over 2 teams that were, by the polls, good teams. So yes I think they are still a good team. If they don't get their heads out of their asses they will not win anymore games this year. They are a young team still that had A LOT of developing to do. Most USF fans will admit that. But seeing as how they have stepped up the past 3 years and beat teams that were "much better" I wouldn't put it past them to beat 2 out of the 3 of the big 3 FL teams. They have the ability and problem of playing at their opponents level. Does that need to be overcome before they can be a truly great team? YES. But the fact remains, they are a good team and deserve what they get. They play good they rank good. They play bad they rank bad.

Florida has one loss as well to a still unranked team. As does USC and Virginia Tech. All 3 teams ranked above USF. Most of the 1 loss teams in the top 25 have lost to unranked teams and they are still ranked. So seeing that USF's only loss so far is to a now ranked team I think they deserve credit. Only time will tell how the season will go.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:29 AM

yeah, but you can't compare the big east to the SEC in any dream or fantasy, and even the ACC is proving to be much better than the big east on a good day. Pitt is a mediocre team, and they walked all over you at home.

Sure, you beat KU at home. At home. With basically no KU fans here, and KU, well, IMO they're mediocre too.

As stated, you barely beat a CRAPPY UCF team. With plenty of fans (regardless of it being in Orlando).

FSU just went into Miami and walked all over them (and admittedly handing them the game on a plate in the 2nd half, but still won).

Florida beat Miami fairly handily while not playing too well.

Shoot, I'd be willing to say Vandy is better than USF. They play in a much tougher conference and a much tougher schedule.

USF is definitely better than they used to be.........but you cannot command respect just because you're better, you've got to earn it like the 3 major schools have with tradition, FSU, UF, and Miami.

You'll earn the tradition in time, just don't force the respect and "we're awesome" thing down our throats, please. I hear it all the time, USF fans thinking they could beat all three state teams. Sorry, no way.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by chimmike,Oct 7 2008, 02:29 PM
Sure, you beat KU at home. At home. With basically no KU fans here, and KU, well, IMO they're mediocre too.
We'll see at the end of the year if Kansas is mediocre. I'm not a Kansas fan but the Big XII is better than any other conference with the exception of the SEC and they aren't even better by much.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:43 AM

LSU VS UF WOOOOO... Now is the time

Quick Reply: College Football!