College Football!

Old 08-30-2008, 01:30 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^HAHAHAHA
Old 08-30-2008, 06:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nvrquit4,Aug 30 2008, 01:26 PM
Go Gators.

When does FSU play a real team...oh that's right, they're in the ACC.
and UF was too chicken to play Miami for the past 2 years so that ole Urban could get a couple easy non-conference wins.

Instead, FSU opened vs. Miami for what, 3 years in a row there? lol. There's a great way to start off the season.

Oh....and since when is it FSU's fault that the ACC isn't the best conference in the league? Get serious. Any time ANY team plays FSU, they still have that mentality that "FSU is the team to beat" as they were in the 90s....so teams like Wake, Duke, UNC all come out guns ablaze and actually look like a division 1 team, unlike when they play anyone else (except for when UNC embarasses Miami via Butch Davis).

Anyways, nice win over Hawaii. I don't think anyone in Hawaii saw that coming.......but I did, lol. Hawaii was a nice easy opener for you guys. Good to get the boys starting nice and easy, avoid early injuries.
Old 08-31-2008, 03:59 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It was definitely an easier game than I think most expected.

ACC had a tough Saturday to open the season. Ouch.

FSU chose to go to the ACC vs another more competitive football conference ions ago. They had a choice. Everybody does. As the story goes UF dropped Miami from the regular schedule after the SEC got a Championship game and based on the "in conference" schedule. How true is that? I don't know so I'm not claiming this as fact plus I'm biased anyway.

FSU most years for a couple decades has never had a particularly competitive "in conference" schedule and only recently had to compete in a Championship Game. Their out of conference games were always the biggies (UF, Miami, etc.) - not the ACC. Them winning that was a given. The in-state games between the 3 are always intense no matter who's doing what. I like that all 3 teams play at least right now anyway.

Let's see how the season treats Joe Pa and Grandpa Bowden. That should be a fun story even though Joe says he doesn't care about it since they are both close friends.

Bottom line...great to have football back so best of luck to all the Florida teams.
Old 08-31-2008, 05:14 PM

June Jones we dedicated the game yesterday for you and Colt Brenan
Old 09-01-2008, 04:58 AM

Watched the UK-Louisville game yesterday. Sure was nice to watch them get manhandled.

Looks like they're going to need to worry about the quarterback at Louisville. He was inconsistent, inaccurate, and threw 2 consecutive picks, that I saw.
Old 09-01-2008, 02:56 PM

Anyone watching the Rutgers-Fresno State game? It's turning out to be a really good game.
Old 09-01-2008, 03:54 PM

I was viewing off and on. I knew Fresno St would give 'em a run.
Old 09-01-2008, 04:14 PM

Geaux Tigers!!! App State played a great game, but we aint no Michigan.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by nvrquit4,Aug 31 2008, 07:59 AM
As the story goes UF dropped Miami from the regular schedule after the SEC got a Championship game and based on the "in conference" schedule. How true is that? I don't know so I'm not claiming this as fact plus I'm biased anyway.
Actually i think florida did not have the money to play miami again till the 2008-2009 being this saturday. From what i hear the schools pay big bucks in playing out of conference games and being state rivals does not help. i want to say its a costs the schools a few million dollars or something crazy like that.. i could be wrong but i remember hearing it several times
Old 09-02-2008, 12:28 PM

Go Gators, Tebow is a Beast

Quick Reply: College Football!