Alabama
Georgia
Flordia
USC
LSU
Tenn
Old 08-29-2008, 04:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well South Carolina sure did not look good!
Old 08-29-2008, 09:05 PM

No one care?
Old 08-30-2008, 05:37 AM

I don't care about any of those games. I don't even care much about the OU/Chattanooga game. Don't worry. This thread will probably get locked in a couple of weeks due to some very heated debates.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by yarbrough,Aug 29 2008, 04:15 AM
Well South Carolina sure did not look good!
Gooo ACC!

GO NOLES!

I gotta say though, how can FL vs Hawaii be considered a good game?

Hawaii was the most overrated team in college football last year. They are a mediocre to crappy team who got highly elevated by playing nobody teams for a few years and whooping up on 'em.

I think USF was overrated last year, but not nearly to the extent of Hawaii.

And of course, Notre Dame dumped tons of money into the media so they could get extra attention. As if they need it, they had a shit season last year!

USC....don't even get me started on them. They're the media's love child. They can do no wrong in the media's eye. Sorry, but they're not the best team in the country by a long stretch. I'd be willing to bet half the teams in the SEC could put a hurting on them.

USC will kill VA because they had all year to prepare for the game. Put 'em in a game mid-season and it'll be a lot closer, if not, a win for VA.

And don't get me started on the whole BCS system, what a pile of crap that is. As evidenced by last year's rankings thru the season. USF #1? LOL. Undefeated doesn't mean #1.

-Mike (A Noles fan, regardless of them sucking or doing good)
Old 08-30-2008, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by chimmike,Aug 30 2008, 01:29 PM
USC will kill VA because they had all year to prepare for the game. Put 'em in a game mid-season and it'll be a lot closer, if not, a win for VA.

VA has the same amount of time to prepare for USC as USC has to prepare for VA. That argument is flawed.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by jesusphish,Aug 30 2008, 10:11 AM
VA has the same amount of time to prepare for USC as USC has to prepare for VA. That argument is flawed.
lol. come on now. Seriously. For arguments' sake, USC has nary a difficult team they don't have a ton of time to prepare for. I just despise the whole deal they get.....gimme a break. Half the teams east of the big 12 are better than USC but don't get a fair shake because they're not preseason ranked in the top 5.

that's the big reason I think the BCS is flawed. Favored teams get the easy shot.......big wins aren't worth nearly as much as big losses hit you. meh, we'll see how this season goes, maybe it'll be the straw that breaks the BCS camel's stubborn back!
Old 08-30-2008, 11:01 AM

USC has proven themselves year after year! I think the polls should not be released until the fourth week of the season. I personally hate preseason polls having that much of an effect on a team's end results!
Old 08-30-2008, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by chimmike,Aug 30 2008, 02:45 PM
lol. come on now. Seriously. For arguments' sake, USC has nary a difficult team they don't have a ton of time to prepare for. I just despise the whole deal they get.....gimme a break. Half the teams east of the big 12 are better than USC but don't get a fair shake because they're not preseason ranked in the top 5.

that's the big reason I think the BCS is flawed. Favored teams get the easy shot.......big wins aren't worth nearly as much as big losses hit you. meh, we'll see how this season goes, maybe it'll be the straw that breaks the BCS camel's stubborn back!
I totally agree that the BCS is flawed, but I am only arguing the fact that USC will beat VA because of preparation time.
Old 08-30-2008, 01:26 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Go Gators.

When does FSU play a real team...oh that's right, they're in the ACC.

Quick Reply: College Football!