Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Car Thieves in FLorida

Old 10-24-2006, 10:04 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Car Thieves in FLorida

It looks to me that there are alot of thieves here in the Sunshine State.. What can we do to protect ourselfs?

I am starting to see a trend here
Old 10-24-2006, 10:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the attitude but it's almost cheaper to build a new garage.............
Old 10-24-2006, 10:19 AM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

If they want your car they'll get your car is the answer you'll get by many... Of course the actions you'll be doing as you mentioned above is a sure way to reduce the risk of someone messing with your car. I think LoJack would be the best thing for you car and should get that first... When finding my apartment I had to get one with a garage, because I can't sleep knowning its outside a College Area Apartment complex so anything can happen to it by drunken idiots...
Old 10-24-2006, 10:49 AM

lojack= if they ruin ur car, u really want it back?

ive already got seat locks and everything insured.. and camera outside on car and a glock/ AR15 under bed.. i really HOPE someone tries something ive always wanted to shoot someones knee caps out.. then theyd suffer for rest of life and id feel great everytime i thought about poor peg leg wobblin' around
Old 10-24-2006, 10:51 AM

also all the robberies are in sofla, and considering how many s's down there and thefts.. not too bad.. also if u notice their targeting stock s2k's because parts easier to move and less unique..

modded S's prolly wont be targeted because parts hard to move because their not as common.

what really needs to happen is the guy in sofla selling s2k parts online, kinda of suspicious considering thats where all these cars are showing up.. the authorities need to target these people.. how else do u have 3 sets of headlights...? besides stealing them from car
Old 10-24-2006, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by djdorifto,Oct 24 2006, 01:19 PM
If they want your car they'll get your car is the answer you'll get by many... Of course the actions you'll be doing as you mentioned above is a sure way to reduce the risk of someone messing with your car. I think LoJack would be the best thing for you car and should get that first... When finding my apartment I had to get one with a garage, because I can't sleep knowning its outside a College Area Apartment complex so anything can happen to it by drunken idiots...
you are right .. If they want your car bad enought the will steal it.. but What I am trying to say is .. I see alot of the same kind of thieves.. ones the rip up the top and tow it down the street and steal seats.. most of them are like that.. I dont really see many S stolen and the whole car being gutted.. most of the times it seems to me its the seats that they are after... but that is what I think

Right now I have already bought

New Alarm
Hard top
Seat Locks
and the Stearing Wheel

last thing i am getting is a LoJac ..I already know someone that owns a parking lot bussiness all over Miami.. and she has a parking lot in Down Town somewhere.. this parking lot closes at 9.. and it is gated so there is no way a car can leave from there.. I will have a key to open the gate.. So i hope that is enough.. I know every time I leave the car I will take with me the Stearing wheel.. hahahah
Old 10-24-2006, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by rijowysock,Oct 24 2006, 01:49 PM
lojack= if they ruin ur car, u really want it back?

ive already got seat locks and everything insured.. and camera outside on car and a glock/ AR15 under bed.. i really HOPE someone tries something ive always wanted to shoot someones knee caps out.. then theyd suffer for rest of life and id feel great everytime i thought about poor peg leg wobblin' around
Well I think the whole point of LoJack is.. if you park your car somewhere and you come back 20mins later and its gone.. You can locate your car faster than just calling the police.. there is no way you can gut a whole car in 20mins., So that is why i am getting it
Old 10-24-2006, 12:01 PM

well goodluck, i think the police should see a trend and set up a sting operation in sofla. once the thieves get busted in the act then all their friends will be afraid to touch an s2k because of sting operation.. or just set up one ourselves.. south beach, central to thefts.. a couple s2k's together and leave em there for a while and have people stand guard
Old 10-24-2006, 12:08 PM

The only reason why I am buying all these parts is because I will be moving to Miami sometime next year.. and I am putting alot of money into my car which Insurance will not cover.. so I am just a little worried.. thats all
Old 10-24-2006, 12:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

James at sportcompactvalue.com can get your mods covered under insurance. Give em a call..

Quick Reply: Car Thieves in FLorida