Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Best Honda Dealer In Jacksonville For Repair

Old 02-13-2003, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my car back from the Coggin Body shop on Atlantic and it turned out very nice, better than new. They have also been very polite and helpful at the dealership on Atlantic and I didnt even buy my S2000 from them.
Old 02-16-2003, 05:38 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My service writer at Coggin on Atlantic (Mark) was always very nice. Actually helped me get the club started up here. However, the Service manager (Mike) is clueless on what service is in my opinion. I can't tell you how many times nor how many days I left my car there last year trying to get a few noises taken care of. From his point of view it's what the toll-free number says is wrong with your car vs. what the actual tech sitting in your car says. Clueless. Now I drive 30 minutes vs. 3 to get to Duval Honda on Cassat. I actually got to go back there Tuesday for an oil change and to check out a few noises I'm still hearing. They haven't taken care of everything (Duval) but I at least feel like they're trying vs. Mike telling me it's just "cold air hitting the manifold." That is a quote by the way. His own tech laughed behind his back at that one.
Old 02-16-2003, 08:14 AM

Bought my 02 at Wade Raulerson in Gainesville because they had the price and color I wanted. Ordered a hardtop from Coggin on Atlantic and had them do the install. Sean is my service writer and Danny is my mechanic. The top actually arrived sooner than they promised and they did a nice job on the install (Danny). My first experience with them was a fluid leak on the right axle at 280 miles. They had the part overnighted and I was on the road within 48 hours. Just had my first oil change yesterday at 2975 miles because it has been six months since purchase. I provided the Mobil 1 (a six pack from Costco is $24) and the oil change was free. I didn't even buy my car at Coggin, but they have treated me great. I've owned 4 Porches, 2 Mercedes, 2 Acuras and an Infiniti, but the service I received from those dealers wasn't any better than what I have experienced at Coggin Honda on Atlantic. No I don't work there, don't own stock, and they aren't paying me for these comments.
Met a guy named Jay who told me there is a monthly meeting at the World Golf Village the first Saturday of each month at 1 in the afternoon, can anyone confirm March 1 is next date?
Old 02-16-2003, 12:11 PM

There is discussion on when the next meeting will take place. Check under the Florida Club thread for further updates or PM nvrquit for more information. He organizes the meetings and is the President of the FCS2K club. The meetings have been great and the April 26th "Super" meeting in Orlando should be huge. I heard something about 80 cars.
Old 02-16-2003, 01:14 PM

I'm the guy that "organizes" the monthly meetings. It's up in the air right now if we're having one in March or not. If you want, send me your e-mail address and name, I'll add you to the membership list (FCS2k - First Coast S2k). Jay is one of the Founders of the club. Jay, Bryan, and I were the originals and it's grown into about 30 members with a record 19 S2ks at one meet.

Re: Coggin - Sean is a very good guy as well. Never had routine issues with them. It was only when stuff started to get a little more serious that the Service Manager became laughable. Prior to dealing with him I did have wonderful experience with the service writers, the greeter, the parts guy, and the tech. Go up a level and you'll probably have a problem. Hope not but unfortnately that was my experience time and time again over several months.
Old 02-23-2003, 06:21 AM

Just wanted to post another note on this topic since I just had my car in for a few things last week at Duval Honda off of Cassat.

I took the car in Tuesday since it was time for an oil change. Since I was going I also wanted them to check out the driver's side auto down function on the window, and the ever present "noise" I'd been getting for about a year at decel in 3rd around 4k rpm. The latter was the breaking point at Coggin since they had noted it was both "normal" and it was merely "cold air hitting the manifold."

I had found some information on this wonderful site regarding the "noise." Apparently if you could eliminate the noise by simply pushing the stick further into the gate then it was simply a matter of greasing up the box or something. I found this information months ago, discussed it with Scott at Duval, since it wasn't anything damaging we decided to wait till my next routine trip i.e., Tuesday. After all, Duval is WAY out of my way from the house and even work.

Tuesday, Eddie (Duval's Master Mechanic) and I took a drive, he heard the noise and I relayed the info I read on this site. He was very interested to learn more about this place. In any event, by Tuesday afternoon, the oil and the noise had been reportedly taken care of but I would be the final say on this in their own words. They would need the car an extra day since the window part needed to be ordered. No problem, I'm cruising around in a free Focus! yee haw!!!

Well, Wednesday rolled around and FedEx had gotten snowed in up north so no window part. Try again for Thursday. Thursday pops up, parts in, window fixed, one problem...oh boy, what is it? They accidentally ripped my window tint installing the new part. No biggie, that's easy to replace. They were so apologetic it was crazy. Granted, the tear is bigger than I expected but it'll take 20 minutes to strip and replace and they'll pay for it so no big deal. The big news is MY NOISE IS GONE!!!!! It's weird. I'm so used to hearing that #$$@# noise after all this time the car is seemingly silent. In a good way mind you. It was disstracting I guess. Now I listen more to the engine revs, etc. Much nicer.

So, Dear Coggin...go fly a kite!!!!! Normal?...I think not. Cold air hitting the manifold?....Please!!!! Please understand I gave Coggin AT LEAST a half dozen reports of this noise. I even left my car there for 3 DAYS at one point in an effort to have them find and fix this thing. THEY NEVER DID AND ONLY CAME BACK WITH "THE TECH LINE SAYS IT'S NORMAL" TAKE YOUR CAR ELSEWHERE IF YOU THINK WE'RE WRONG. We'll dang it, I knew they were wrong. I'm not mechanically inclined to say the least but you know when something is not quite right.

Apparently one reason for telling me to go elsewhere is that these service places get rated by some figure or something and having a car come back for the same issue dings the score. Granted, I went to Duval 2 or 3 times regarding the same noise and once I thought it was gone only to return. Maybe that will happen again but at least they kept trying, at least they agreed it wasn't normal, at least they were professional at ALL times, and guess what...I will continue to drive OVER 30 MINUTES OUT OF MY WAY to go to Duval vs. Coggin.

As they say in Jacksonville, "THE WESTSIDE IS THE BEST SIDE."