Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

AutoCross this weekend in Brevard! 4/5-4/6

Old 04-06-2008, 07:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by no-cones,Apr 6 2008, 06:17 PM
Congrats.........John. Great run
Thanks! I have your blue chair by the way... if you want to swing by the shop, i'll have it there
Old 04-07-2008, 05:52 AM

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Got some In car from the pushy GT3 on saturday. I'll see if I can get it loaded up in the next day or two. Not sure I'm quite so happy with the spring rates on those Moton's yet.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:13 AM

Drove the car to work today. Anything over 80 is just scary. Feels like I'm giving my diff a really hard time.

The strange thing is that the tires aren't noticebly different in wear. As a matter of fact they are very very close. I'm thinking for some odd reason one is just softer than the other. In any case, I'm not taking these tires up to the dragon, but i'd like to know what the hell is going on.
Old 04-07-2008, 03:02 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

congrats to ComposiMo and Speedy ... sounds like you guys are really finding your groove.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:41 AM

Some In car from the GT3. We were having quite a bit of on throttle push so there is A LOT of waiting to go to throttle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCDQF5zbOH8
Old 04-08-2008, 04:10 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice Video Ian!!

Just looked at the results. Nice job John! Great time on a brand new setup. Which front bar are you running with those blingtastic Motons? Sorry we couldn't make it, the wedding at the all-inclusive 5 star in Play Del Carmen was a close second though I'll post a few pics tomorrow.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:41 PM

Thanks Mike! Glad to hear that you got back safely from Mexico! Can't wait to see the pics!

I have the Gendron 'solid' front bar on the S... its working very very nicely. The car needs an alignment and cornerweighting BADLY though. It was rather pushy all weekend... it needs to rotate a bit nicer. i adjusted the suspension quite a bit throughout the weekend playing with different settings, and after 10 runs on Saturday, i found some settings i liked for the time being.

There were a lot of places i could have picked up time i think. I've been watching my in cars a lot to see how i was doing.... i'll try to have them posted online tomorrow... but i need to change the microphone setup though... too much windnoise to hear the throttle or anything with the camera mounted on the windshield, so its not as helpful as it could be... heh.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by ComposiMo,Apr 8 2008, 10:41 PM
Thanks Mike! Glad to hear that you got back safely from Mexico! Can't wait to see the pics!

I have the Gendron 'solid' front bar on the S... its working very very nicely. The car needs an alignment and cornerweighting BADLY though. It was rather pushy all weekend... it needs to rotate a bit nicer. i adjusted the suspension quite a bit throughout the weekend playing with different settings, and after 10 runs on Saturday, i found some settings i liked for the time being.

There were a lot of places i could have picked up time i think. I've been watching my in cars a lot to see how i was doing.... i'll try to have them posted online tomorrow... but i need to change the microphone setup though... too much windnoise to hear the throttle or anything with the camera mounted on the windshield, so its not as helpful as it could be... heh.
We were there on Bran new Moton CS's in the GT3 with horrible push. And you were there with the exact same story. We found the front sway bar was binding bad once you turned the wheel. This was radically increasing the stiffness of the front bar. We've changed back to the stock links and I'll see how it is on sebring this weekend. I got a gut feeling we need less front spring rate but We'll see.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:59 AM

Ya... i'll probably mess with the sway bar a bit, and soften it up a good for the next auto-x, but the alignment is definitely needing to be done. I feel that the car is juuuust on the verge of rotating freely and being very balanced... as it is right now, the car is very stable to drive, and it kicks the slalom VERY nicely... but the rotation just isn't there in certain turns... thats why i'm feeling like the alignment will be a very key thing.

Its already fast, but i certainly could get faster with it if it just behaved a little bit more how i would like it to behave

Perhaps at the next Melbourne BCC practice day, you could take a couple of laps in the S and tell me what you think Ian?
Old 04-09-2008, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by ComposiMo,Apr 9 2008, 10:59 AM
Ya... i'll probably mess with the sway bar a bit, and soften it up a good for the next auto-x, but the alignment is definitely needing to be done. I feel that the car is juuuust on the verge of rotating freely and being very balanced... as it is right now, the car is very stable to drive, and it kicks the slalom VERY nicely... but the rotation just isn't there in certain turns... thats why i'm feeling like the alignment will be a very key thing.

Its already fast, but i certainly could get faster with it if it just behaved a little bit more how i would like it to behave

Perhaps at the next Melbourne BCC practice day, you could take a couple of laps in the S and tell me what you think Ian?
Might be able to arrange that. Remember a loose car is a fast car. If you don't feel like your having a loose issue odds are it's to tight. But toooo loose is also slow. In the race car it seems the looser I can get it the faster my lap times are. I've had it so loose that it scared me and I tightened it up... my lap times got slower. Now I just run it as loose as I can set it up.

Quick Reply: AutoCross this weekend in Brevard! 4/5-4/6