Attempting to install Hondata Gasket

Old 05-03-2006, 09:42 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

let's do it!
Old 05-03-2006, 02:54 PM
Former Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Cool! Gonna order parts.

Chiung...I know you need to buy some fuel rail crush washers, but I don't know how many. Marcucci's instructions lists 2 part numbers from Majestic Honda...but I don't know the quantity. Is it one of each part number?

Any other items needed?
Old 05-03-2006, 03:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes, you will need two different washers. Go ahead and get an aftermarket thermostat. it's much easier to install it while doing the hondata gasket.

when? hint not mother's day.
Old 05-03-2006, 03:42 PM
Former Moderator

Willie...one of each?

Thermostat...hmmm...this keeps getting more expensive...but if it is easier then I guess I better do that. And might as well get the fan switch too then huh?
Old 05-03-2006, 04:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, one of each part number.

No rush on the fan switch from an install point of view since it can be installed anytime in 5 minutes without disturbing anything else under the hood.

From a purchase/shipping cost point of view, you may as well get the fan switch, t'stat, and rad cap all at once.

Each install will take 1 to 2 gallons of distilled water also.

Just so we're clear on the thermostat - I'm talking about the Mugen type with a lower operating range. There's no reason to change it unless you go for the Mugen. For a thermostat, it's kind of expensive, and benefits are arguable. But since it's very easy to change out while doing the Hondata, I say go for it.
Old 05-04-2006, 05:11 AM

Yes I would like to do the Hondata mode before I go to Mystic Ct in August. Let me know whens its being planned. I will not be available May 15-21, will be out of town.

Chiung, where or how will the parts be ordered. V
Old 05-04-2006, 05:19 AM

we still need a definite date.

Vyktor: You can get the parts from kingmotorsports. Get the Mugen fan switch, mugen thermostat, hondata gasket. You also need to get the washers mentioned earlier in this thread, you can get those from a honda dealer.

As far as this mod day is concerned, it will be a wrench turning event. Not much socializing and standing around listening to music. Because of the amount of work that needs to get done we expect all participants to work on thier cars to the best of thier abilities. We can't do everyone's gasket for them, we don't have the time. We will limit the cars to be done at 4. If you want to come watch you are more than welcome to. Watching this mod being performed will help you if you ever consider doing it yourself.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:19 AM
Former Moderator

How about Saturday May 27 (that's Memorial Day weekend). Clear of Mother's day and gives plenty of time to receive parts that are needed.

If you want the gasket alone and not the thermostat + fan switch, then the best price I've found is at:

http://shopping.lightningmotorsports.com/c...2000-p-612.html

But sounds like the best deal is to do all three at once and get them from King Motorsports.

Majestic Honda has the required washers, however the shipping charge for 2 freaking $2 washers is $14! I'm going to see if I can find a local Honda dealer that can get them. If I can order them at a nominal price locally, I'd be willing to order enough for 4 cars.
Old 05-04-2006, 07:55 AM
Former Moderator

I was able to order the washers locally...I asked them to get 4 of each in stock, which will arrive next Thursday. Total for each car is about $5. Let me know who needs them and I'll pick them up.
Old 05-04-2006, 07:59 AM

Good job! May 27th works for me.

Quick Reply: Attempting to install Hondata Gasket