Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Attempting to install Hondata Gasket

Old 05-03-2006, 06:21 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JerryIII,May 3 2006, 08:25 AM
I need this done also.

oops - forgot about you - and Vyktor wants to do his also. Let's try to arrange to do these 4 all together - isn't Zdave holding a mod session soon?
Old 05-03-2006, 06:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by negcamber,May 3 2006, 09:20 AM
Not an uber mechanic, but I do my own brakes, installed my header + exhaust. I know which way to turn a wrench (righty tighty - lefty loosey )

I could probably install the gasket myself with Marcucci's instructions, but it is always good to have someone around who has done the work few times before in case I get in trouble.
^ smart man. The Hondata is an animal.

I'll happily host this, I've got a garage that will take two cars. And a cooler, and a grill....
Old 05-03-2006, 06:33 AM
Former Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

[QUOTE=Willie Gee,May 3 2006, 09:24 AM] ^ smart man.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds good. I'll probably tackle this tomorrow then. Thanks for all the advice and the links. I'll let you guys know the results. I plan on getting it dyno'd after the install as well, so I can get some concrete numbers for this mod
Old 05-03-2006, 07:50 AM

I was wanting to do this also if i can get in on this. I'll need to be the assistant tho. I have limited use of my right hand/arm.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:37 AM

Received 1,125 Likes on 1,003 Posts

Originally Posted by Chiung,May 3 2006, 10:21 AM

oops - forgot about you - and Vyktor wants to do his also. Let's try to arrange to do these 4 all together - isn't Zdave holding a mod session soon?

I've got alot of other stuff on my plate-no Mod Session hosted by me for awhile!

Maybe mid-summer or so.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by wildcardtrd,May 3 2006, 10:24 AM
Sounds good. I'll probably tackle this tomorrow then. Thanks for all the advice and the links. I'll let you guys know the results. I plan on getting it dyno'd after the install as well, so I can get some concrete numbers for this mod
Cool!

Expect things to not go smoothly, so I'd dedicate both days of a weekend. It is alot of work and it can be quite stressfull at times. You will be performing what at first appears to be impossible.

From what i understand there is no real power gain, rather what this mod does is prevents power loss. Your engine will bog less in the hot summer months that are right around the corner. Plus your engine will run cooler during spirited drives.

It is worth having, especially in Florida.

-bill
Old 05-03-2006, 08:56 AM

OK, so all we really need to come up with to keep Chiung stuck in Hondata Heck for the rest of his life is a creeper-type thing that would allow him to lie down above the engine while he does his work = no back pain.

I can design it if someone else has the welder and steel tubing we'll need. You'd trust it to work, wouldn't you Chiung?

Seriously though, someone really does need to take the torch from Chiung on this (someone without pre-existing back problem - that rules me out) because I don't want him burned out so badly that he won't ever touch a wrench again in case another great, have-to-have mod comes along.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Willie Gee,May 3 2006, 05:53 AM
I'll lend a hand or tools, whichever is needed.

Dave, aren't you in San Diego?
yes i am. i was just teasing chiung.

well chiung, i guess i'll spare you the 12 hours of bending over and the next day backaches this time.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:35 AM
Former Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Like I said...I'm not a real mechanic, but if Chiung can teach the tricks, I'd be glad to pass along what I learn for the next generation. I'll have to see how complicated the whole affair is after getting some instruction from Chiung.

And Chiung...I can do most of the wrench turning on my car if you can help out with the rough spots. That should help your back.

BTW...after comparing WillieGee's intake temp to mine after a hard run on I-75 while returning from the Dragon, I have no doubt this mod is worth the trouble. Could fry an egg on my intake manifold...could actually touch Bill's.

Quick Reply: Attempting to install Hondata Gasket