Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Anyone Live In Delray Beach?

Old 02-07-2004, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Live In Delray Beach?

im going to be there from March 15th thru the 20th to visit my friend Ruth. Im gonna be taking my S there. Ive never been there so how is it there? alot of S2000s? any S owners there? thanks
Old 02-10-2004, 09:32 PM

Might try posting in the South Florida Forum. KeithD is from Boca, that's pretty close. They have lots of meets in the FtLaud/Miami area (weekly). You can drive down there in about an hour or less. I'm about 20min from Del Rey, but I'll be in Vegas when you're here.

Delrey Beach is pretty quiet; you'll probably have to come to West Palm Beach or FtL for clubs/bars/meets. If you're into 1/4 mile races, Moroso in West Palm has open drag racing Wed/Friday nights. Lots of cars; imports and domestics.
Old 02-11-2004, 05:13 AM

The South Florida group meets at Bahama Breeze in Pembroke Pines every Tuesday night from 9:30-???, if you want to come out. PM me if you need some info.

TO answer your other questions, Delray is a lot of older people, but the downtown area has been revitalized and invigorated. There are some great restaurants/bars/nightclubs in downtown Delray on Atlantic Ave, so its a cool place to hangout on the weekends. I can give you more info on that too.

Its a fairly affluent area around here in South Palm Beach county, so you see lots of S2000's and other way more exotic cars. Once I saw a Ferrari F50 valet parked on Atlantic Ave. in Delray!

Hope that helps!
Old 02-11-2004, 05:22 AM

I've spent some time in Delray, my Grandparents lived there. It's really nice. Quiet and reserved, but also attractive, relaxing. As other people said above, it's quite affluent so in the downtown Delray area you will see plenty of mucho sweet rides.

A great thing about Delray is its proximity to plenty of great South Florida neighborhoods. It's a short ride to Boca Raton, West Palm Beach, anywhere in the Ft. Lauderdale area, and it's not too far to Miami Beach either, depending on your POV. (I lived in NY for awhile, it can take 10-90 mins to go to/from Manhattan.)

And of course if you're not familiar with South Florida, you will LOVE the roads down there. Being a North Eastern boy I was first amazed and then green with envy over all those wide, smooth roads. Coming home to the torn-up concrete around here is torture! The roads aren't all straight either - some of those on-ramps are killer corkscrews, lots of fun! If you're not bringing your S2K you're gonna kick yourself!

(I flew down there to pick up a Camaro SS convertible and enjoyed some great driving there for two weeks.)

One last note: when in the Delray area, keep a wary eye out for old people driving all over the road. I'm not saying all elderly people drive like that, but if 1 out of 10 can't stay in their lane, and there's 9 billion elderly people in Delray.... you do the math. And if you go to the Miami area, basically just expect to be surrounded by insane, seemingly berserk drivers. Just part of the charm!
Old 02-11-2004, 05:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by avi4now And if you go to the Miami area, basically just expect to be surrounded by insane, seemingly berserk drivers. Just part of the charm!
You'll see that ALL over the place down here - Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Boca, etc. I think it's a requirement to living down here (or at least you'd think so!).
Old 02-11-2004, 05:26 PM

JerseyGirl, no question South Florida can be hazardous in general. I was only there for a few weeks here and there, but it always seemed to get worse the closer I was to Miami. Maybe it's some kind of epicenter.... radiating bad-driving vibes or something...

...spooooky.
Old 02-11-2004, 06:51 PM

Originally posted by avi4now
JerseyGirl, no question South Florida can be hazardous in general. I was only there for a few weeks here and there, but it always seemed to get worse the closer I was to Miami. Maybe it's some kind of epicenter.... radiating bad-driving vibes or something...

...spooooky.
I'd agree with that. I lived in Miami for 2 1/2 years; the drivers are angry, extremely aggressive, rude, etc. As Dave Barry said, "They'll even try to pass you in a car wash." I drive in just about every major city in the country, and nothing is as bad as Miami. I couldn't get otta there fast enough.
Old 02-12-2004, 03:52 PM

wow, i didnt know Miami was like that
Old 02-12-2004, 06:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jvils I drive in just about every major city in the country, and nothing is as bad as Miami.
Old 02-12-2004, 06:31 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JerseyGirl

Quick Reply: Anyone Live In Delray Beach?