Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Another S2K broken into

Old 07-17-2008 | 06:51 PM

My insurance will replace only 80% of my top since this is a wear and tear item they say and replace my seats with used "excellent" seats. I was pricing it out that with a hardtop, alarm, seat locks, and deductible coming out of my pocket would be around $2500 and me without a car for at least a month. I am about 60% sure I might be selling the car and picking up an Audi A4 B6 chassis. It saddens me because I love this car and it sucks it has to end like this but I don't know. I don't want to go through this again

Thanks again Julio for helping me out.
Old 07-18-2008 | 02:19 AM

dude its b.s. that theyre crapping on you trying to use the wear and tear excuse.. your vehicle was vandalized and i believe that due to the total value of the items in effect it may be considered a felony.. (not a lawyer) but nonetheless whos your insurance so i know never EVER even think of getting my S insured through them..i have esurance and they covered the whole deal even though thanks to the locks the seats were not taken.. i cant believe the b.s. they do sometimes.. your welcome!! . im still trying my best to find that info on the lockbar..but if you have any questions just ask and if i dont know it i will try and find you someone that knows.. this whole top business has got me fired up i cant believe you fork out so much $ every month to get penny pinched and shafted when you have a legit situation..
Old 07-18-2008 | 08:26 AM

Update: My condo complex called to inform me they caught 2 people last night breaking into cars which made my day. I'm going to just get an alarm and seat locks now like everyone says....anyone know how I can get them? Just PM Kodokan_4?
Old 07-18-2008 | 04:23 PM

yet pm him and he"ll take care of you.. now if you want a hook up with an alarm i may have one (depending on how mine comes out monday)..
Old 07-19-2008 | 08:46 AM

damn where can you get this ??

i never knew they had a lockbar for the hard-top lemme kno asap please...
Old 07-19-2008 | 11:16 AM

thraak mentioned something about a lockbar... i know nothing about it... hopefully he'll go online and update the thread..
Old 07-25-2008 | 05:32 AM

The police officer in my building caught a total of 6 people so far. They were of the same description of Spanish with tattoos over there bodies. He believes they are from the Latin Kings gang. They broke into other cars as well.

I just purchased a Robbins top with glass conversion. Hopefully I should have my car by next weekend with my seat locks and new top! Then goes in the alarm.
Old 07-25-2008 | 12:21 PM

i paid 650 for an autopage rs1000 with dig tilt sensor and 2 stage proximity installed.. let me know if its a good price for you and i will square you away with my hookup.. he does other alarms too and where all the components are located is incredible.. no wires nothing to show where anything is located.. this guys was amazing with the install.. only downside i had to part ways with my s for a whole day from early in the morning so everything can be taken apart for the install.. anyways let me know..
Old 07-25-2008 | 12:35 PM

BRO !! Sorry to hear that!!
Old 07-30-2008 | 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by crdcz03,Jul 11 2008, 08:57 AM
you just let me know what you want man but if i order another hardtop hopefully it wont be blue like thraak's was

fyi, they usually try to put used seats in and the last guy i talked to said it took forever for them to find some that were decent edit: and he still made them re-cover them with new material ...
Just venting if anyone still cares to hear about the situation.

Craig is absolutely correct. I just wanted to say thanks to Craig for helping me out at Honda.

Allstate is trying to screw me over by giving me the worse seats possible. They said they paid $7076.00 for these used piece of #hit seats. They promised me used "excellent" seats but they seem like they have been sitting out in the sun for about 5 years. Wow someone is pocketing money right there and I am now demanding they either buy me brand new ones since they cost the same or give me money to fix by myself. Craig gave me a price on 2007 seats for $7019.30 brand spanking new. I feel like people are trying to scam me.

Don't ever go to Sterling Auto Body. They are a joke and are scam artists I feel like. Also they give horrible customer service.