Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Andretti takes racing reins

Old 08-21-2009, 04:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Andretti takes racing reins

Andretti takes racing reins
By indycar.com staff Thursday, August 20, 2009
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.indycar.com/news/?story_id=14932

The shareholders of Andretti Green Racing, Inc. -- Michael Andretti, Kim Green and Kevin Savoree -- announced that they have executed a letter of intent to split off Andretti Green Promotions and Andretti Green Toronto into a separate company from Andretti Green Racing.

The letter of intent is subject to the execution of definitive agreements with an anticipated closing of October 2009. The terms of the letter will not be disclosed. Upon completion of the transaction, Andretti will wholly own and operate Andretti Green Racing while Green and Savoree will wholly own and operate the promotions business.

Andretti Green Racing began competing in the Indy Racing League in 2003 and currently fields four full-time teams in the IndyCar Series for drivers Marco Andretti, Tony Kanaan, Danica Patrick and Hideki Mutoh. The team is tied with Team Penske for most victories (34) in the IndyCar Series.

It fields two teams with AFS Racing in Firestone Indy Lights for drivers J.R. Hildebrand and Sebastian Saavdera. Andretti Green Racing also campaigns A1 Team USA in the A1GP World Cup of Motorsport.

"Since becoming partners in 2002, we have been fortunate to see our companies expand and diversify quickly and successfully," the three shareholders said in a joint statement. "All of us believe that this decision will maximize the potential of both companies in the future."

Andretti Green Promotions was formed in 2004, and owns and operates the Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg, which served as the 2009 IndyCar Series season-opening event. Andretti Green Toronto owns and operates the Honda Indy Toronto IndyCar Series event, which premiered this past July.

J
Old 08-21-2009, 07:14 PM

Wow! Not sure what this is all about, I will see if I can get the low down.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe they can gets the reins on having Marco drive like papa and grandpapa
Old 08-22-2009, 03:28 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Definitely interested in hearing more.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:04 PM

Short interview before the race with Michael, Danica was enlightening.

Marco was fairly aggressive on a track that is hard to pass on. Nice top 5 for Hideki but damn that should have been 3rd.

BTW.....Dario was Mr. Smooth....nice run man!
Old 08-28-2009, 05:11 PM

And remember Dario's quote to me about me being married to a Scottish guy's daughter...."You're F'd!!!!" Of course the photo taken by Barry really captured the moment.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Never Quit,Aug 28 2009, 08:11 PM
And remember Dario's quote to me about me being married to a Scottish guy's daughter...."You're F'd!!!!" Of course the photo taken by Barry really captured the moment.
Heck yes! Everytime I see Dario on TV that's the first thing I think of and tell the story to whomever all over again. That was a good day for all of us Shay! I surely hope everything is gomg GREAT for you!
Old 08-29-2009, 10:36 AM

Things are pretty freakin' awesome to be honest and thanks for asking. I hope things are even better for you.

I remember in St. Pete, Dario telling Barry "Nice Work" after he fessed up that he was the now infamous photographer. I did get Dario to sign it but I wish I had requested him write "You're F#$ked!". It'll end up on our game room "wall of shame" soon enough. I plan on making a collage using an autographed Indy Car flag as the background then having things like Dario's shot, Danica's sig on some things, various pics, etc. we've collected over the years. Project for another day though.
Old 08-29-2009, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Never Quit,Aug 29 2009, 10:36 AM
Things are pretty freakin' awesome to be honest and thanks for asking. I hope things are even better for you.

I remember in St. Pete, Dario telling Barry "Nice Work" after he fessed up that he was the now infamous photographer. I did get Dario to sign it but I wish I had requested him write "You're F#$ked!". It'll end up on our game room "wall of shame" soon enough. I plan on making a collage using an autographed Indy Car flag as the background then having things like Dario's shot, Danica's sig on some things, various pics, etc. we've collected over the years. Project for another day though.
Next year I am doing video
Old 08-29-2009, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Indyana,Aug 29 2009, 04:02 PM
Next year I am doing video
Oh lord....that will be a hoot for sure.