Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Advise for a new S2000 owner!

Old 04-21-2003, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advise for a new S2000 owner!

Hello fellow owners. Got my new Suzuka S2000 and now I need some advise! 1) Cold air intake, who is the best and should only the Honda Dealer install it.
2) Bra - I like them, plus they protect the front, where can I get one
3) Exhaust, I hate the rice burner teenager winding noise of some of these cars. How do I get a deeper exhaust sound while increasing HP
4) A chip, is there such thing as a chip to upgrade.

I'm a stock junkie, so Im not looking to trick it out. I don;t mind the upgrades though.

One more thing, steel braided hoses, I hat that rubber crap!

Looking forward to your advise!

HUNTER
Old 04-21-2003, 02:24 PM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome...

1 - CAI... You can check my review of the the AEM Intake in this thread https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...threadid=116688 IMO, the AEM Intake is the best bang for the buck. There are more expensive ones like Mugen ($1300) or J's Racing ($2K) but offer only slightly better results. Alternatively, you should also look at Injen, which is just about the same concept as the AEM. Others have had great success with the Comptech. No you do not have to install it at the dealer, in fact I recommend against that. Take it to a tuning shop like Dynamic Turbo in Miami (they've done them before, they did mine) or do it yourself if you're mechanically inclined and not afraid to cut into your car.

2 - Bra... Ugly IMO. You can pick one up from the dealer. Look into one of those invisible bras from 3M... same level of protection without the ugliness.

3 - Exhaust systems... There are many choices here. This thread https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...threadid=117570 has a great review of the Amuse Extra Titan (Ti Dual R1) Exhaust, which many regard as the best aftermarket exhaust system available for our cars. However, at the steep tune of $2100, its quite expensive. Recently many have opted for exhaust systems from Team Spugen (www.teamspugen.com). They offer great products at very affordable prices. Plus their guys are great in handling customer service issues, fast response times, etc.

4 - ECU Upgrade/Replacement... As far as I know there are Mugen, Spoon and Amuse, maybe Toda. I'm not sure which is the best, you might want to search the forum for that. I have read some good reviews about the Amuse. Alternatively you can get an VAFC from Apexi that allows you to alter the VTEC Engagement Point.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-21-2003, 02:26 PM

Welcome Hunter!

For bras, click here. You may find this bra on Ebay for cheaper.

I just went through the dilemma of a CAI myself. Click here for info. If you ask around, you may find a fellow S2K owner from the Florida area to help you with your install. From what I've read, it's pretty easy (I don't even try to do it myself, but others say it's easy).

I also just decided on an exhaust this week, and got it delivered today, install is Friday! Click here for more info. This exhaust has a nice deep sound to it, not rice at all IMO.

As far as I know, there is no chip, I could be wrong though.

We are going to a Florida Super Meet in Orlando this weekend. If you can make it, that would be great. I think there a few others from Cooper City. Info on the Florida meet can be seen here.
Old 04-21-2003, 02:37 PM

Thanks for the input Mav and tidalwdave!