European S2000 Owners Covers: Austria, Belguim, Czech, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Poland, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland.
Plus: Scandinavia and the Nordics. Covering: Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark, even Iceland, Greenland and the Faroe Islands!

Visiting for New Years

Old 12-22-2005, 10:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Visiting for New Years

Hello all,

I am traveling to Stockholm, Olso, and Helsinki for two weeks at the end of December through part of January with a group of old friends from college. None of us have ever been to these cities and I was wondering if any fellow S2000 owners could offer advice. We are looking for bars/clubs in these areas with 20/30 year old crowds or things to visit that a tourist might miss.

Any travel tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. We will be in Stockholm for New Year's Eve.

Thanks,
Eric
Old 12-23-2005, 12:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I could give you some advice about Stockholm but i need to know what kind of music you like and what clientele you prefer

Iam going to Oslo myself over New Year eve, how long are you staying in stockholm efter new year?

/M
Old 12-23-2005, 07:11 AM

We will be in Stockholm from 12/30-1/3, Oslo 1/3-1/7, Helsinki 1/7-1/10. The group is all in our mid to late 20's we are looking for lounge bars/pubs and techno clubs. Pretty much anywhere the ladies will be is where we want to go to meet them. It is an unofficial bachelor's party for one of my friends.

E
Old 12-24-2005, 12:20 AM

I give some advice about Helsinki city later today!
Hope so I could help you enjoy here

Well, "c u later"...
Old 12-24-2005, 04:23 AM

I think i could give you some advice to...

But onley in Sweden and Stockholm...
/Jimmy S
Old 12-26-2005, 01:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I changed my plans and not going to Oslo so i will also be in Stockholm over new year. But i will most likley go on some private party.

Anyway, here you have some suggestions.

Berns
You find Berns in the Berzelii Park,
Old 12-29-2005, 11:28 AM

Helsinki:

Studio 51
Street: Fredrikinkatu 51-53

Onnela:
Street: Fredrikinkatu 48

The Club
Street: Simonkatu 6

There u are few place
Old 01-13-2006, 06:51 AM

I just got back from the trip and had a great time. Of Stockholm, Oslo, and Helsinki I think my favorite was Oslo.

It seemed like a lot of the locals in Stockholm were traveling as well. We stayed at the Nordic Light Hotel and went to the New Year's party there. Cafe' Opera was fun and Spy Bar was okay. The Icebar was fun for a tourist type place. I don't like the international blackjack rules that the dealer wins instead of pushing at 17, 18, and 19. Old Stockholm reminds me a lot of Prague.

Oslo was a blast. The people were very friendly and there were a ton of bars. We went to Stargate early a few nights to get cheap drinks and then hit the town. The best meal I had on the entire trip was at Tullins. I saw what appeared to be a Rally WRX in town one day. The women in Oslo were incredibly gorgeous. I did find it funny that TGI Friday's is so popular because we have those everywhere here in the USA.

We were only in Helsinki for a few days and visited Can't Beat The System Bar, Sports Academy (for the NFL Playoff games), some rock bar that had Absolut Vodka signs all over the walls, Helsinki Club, Studio 51, and some small dance club near Sports Academy I believe it had Moon in the name. Everyone we met in Helsinki said the same thing "Why are you here?" For some reason it came across as if they weren't proud of their city. Then we realized they were trying to say the spring is a better time to visit. I must say that the Fins know how to drink. I have never seen people throw back as much alcohol as they were in Helsinki. The city seems very cosmopolitan and more modern than the others we visited. It reminded us a lot of the USA.

I look forward to making another trip across Scandinavia.