European S2000 Owners Covers: Austria, Belguim, Czech, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Poland, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland.
Plus: Scandinavia and the Nordics. Covering: Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark, even Iceland, Greenland and the Faroe Islands!

Tell me I'm crazy ... bike exhaust on s2000

Old 08-16-2007, 02:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Tell me I'm crazy ... bike exhaust on s2000

Hi there,

So the other night after a couple beers, and an other couple beers, and another .... talking with a buddy about bikes and s2000, and the parallels between the two :
the discussion goes on quite a bit until this:

" yeaahh but the bike has a sound that not even your f20c can reach" ...
"Yeeaahhh but the 9000rpms would sound great with your aftermarket bike exhaust"...
"Yeaahhh but my bike is 1000cc breathing in that exhaust at 12000rpms exhaust"....
"Yeahhhh but in this case I would put 2, 2000cc down in 2x1000cc bike exhaust and it would sound nice" ......

Then a silence ....

"well actually would that sound nice ..... ??" ... " woooo like two 1000cc bikes..."

Another silence

Well since that I cant stop trying to imagine what that would sound like ......

Then we went on .... yeeahahh to figure out you just need 2x used aftermarket bike mufflers, some elbow grease and a little bit of welding.....

So I imagine If we come to this point maybe someone else already did it ...

Anybody ever saw a video of an hypotetic S2k with 2xaftermarket bike mufflers welded in place of the standard ones....

I know it sound kind of weird, but I actualy would love to hear what this could sound like would it sound nice ............... loud for sure, but what would it sound like .....

HRF

Old 08-17-2007, 11:37 AM

Well , what exactly will the bike exhausts change ? They are also just exhausts. I dont get it ..
Old 08-18-2007, 06:51 AM

Just wondering if anybody ever spoted a video of something like that, to see if it sounds different .....

Hrf
Old 08-18-2007, 02:20 PM

You can always try a single 70mm exhaust

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIcWCmduHXs

Tolga
Old 08-20-2007, 09:18 AM

What about this one??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTkZ40Ycdzw
Old 08-20-2007, 12:51 PM

Hhehe yeaaahhhhh this one would definitely do ! !
... if only the dude didn't raise the pitch of the video .... you can hear him have a little satisfactory laugh with a "helium-voice" when he stops at the traffic light at 1.00min e.t.

yeah the first reaction (beers helping) was that aftermarket bike mufflers would change the sound of the S .... but realizing they arent constructed much differently that the high-end singles like spoon etc ... there is a big doubt ....
but then again the HKS sounds like no other S2000 exhaust... so the question was what would it really sound like .... grumbling low rpms and high pitched at 9000 .... or just like any other ....

The 70mm does sound like it's there ..... but these things are just so loud ...

rgds HRF
Old 08-20-2007, 01:48 PM

Loud is good
Old 08-20-2007, 03:42 PM

Definitively .... !!

Although I'm the first on the gas in every tunnel I go in to delight myself with a few v-tec tones, the police forces here in the Netherlands seem a little sensitive to exhaust decibels .... I have a "hand made" exhaust I bought when I was in Italy, which isn't quite that loud at all, and got stopped by the law one time for a documents control with the reason "we heard you come before we saw you" so we would like to make sure the vehicle is complying with the law ........ I still had Italian plates and Italian documents at the time so at the end they let me go....

The thing is I'd like to change exhaust, for something a little more particular..... and where it leads me at the moment is HKS hi-po silent .... , I'd love to be able to sport a spoon n1 or some thing of the kind all year long, but having heard some in real life it feels like I'm going to drive with a big neon arrow pointing down on me saying "OBVIOUSLY I'M HERE".... And to balance the HKS screams in a way that to my subjective taste fit the v-tec nature of the S very well .....

Now when I'll make the jump I might just get myself a couple of used arrow or ackrapovic 1000cc bike mufflers.... weld them in place of the old italian muffler things, and have a go just to see......
I'm kind of tryin to gauge if it had been filmed or recorded before .... so that I dont throw myself in something that will sound like a fart can without having any idea of it ... In a bike sound how much is due to the engine and how much to the exhaust line and muffler ? The bike boviously revs 2 to 3k more .... but already sounds great at 9k .... time might just tell...

Rgds ................... HRF
Old 08-20-2007, 10:44 PM

Well , i also used T1R 63mm Sparrow before. It was a nice dual exhaust ; no drone , quiet before vtec etc.. I used that exhaust with a 63 mm test pipe and the sound was really satisfying. You can check it out from the link i posted.

About the single and loud exhausts , in here cops dont care much about sound decibels or tuned cars but with my single exhaust i was a cop magnet . So it is really not very practical for daily use and they drone alot .
Old 08-22-2007, 11:30 AM

You kind of have to figure in the RPM ranges these bikes are in, that and the compression of the motors are what's really making the tone. Might I recommend HKS with a test pipe and a comptech intake for a nice audible experience haha?

Quick Reply: Tell me I'm crazy ... bike exhaust on s2000