European S2000 Owners Covers: Austria, Belguim, Czech, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Poland, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland.
Plus: Scandinavia and the Nordics. Covering: Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark, even Iceland, Greenland and the Faroe Islands!

Moving to Amsterdam .. do I keep the S ?

Old 10-31-2006, 07:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Moving to Amsterdam .. do I keep the S ?

Hi Guys,

I'm actualy living in Italy not far from Venice, and will be relocating for Professional reasons in Amsterdam\netherlands in a couple month.
I have a big dilema ; I cant imagine myself going around only by cycle .... without being able to squeeze a little bit of F20C a least the weekend ...
How am I going to do !! ??

Alright my real trouble is to wonder if the S is managable in the region of amsterdam ... I have no idea of the cost of life over there, cost of inssurance , parking troubles I can imagine over there...

Anyway Any information that could be usefull in the operation of choosing wherever I take My S2000 with me overthere would be welcome !

Is there any S2k club in netherlands ?

best Regards
Old 10-31-2006, 09:50 AM

Hang on to your S2K! Holland is great driving. Roads are definately better than you're used to. Amsterdam depending on where you plan to live, can be extremely hard to get parking. Expensive as well. If you'd live south of town (Hoofdorp or Amstelveen) you'd be much better off.
I pay about 500 euro for full coverage insurance.
Imagine the German autobahn just 60 minutes away!!!
Old 10-31-2006, 08:23 PM

Hi there !

Thank you for the tips !! I definitly dont want to get rid of my S that easely !! I will do it only if absolutely needed.

For the roads, I can believe it ... the state of the roads here is just a shame ....

I'm still working that out and will for sure try to make it happen as hard as I can... plus with that many tracks (i think about zandvoort, zolder, spa-francorschamp, hockeneim, the Nurburgring) not that far away it would be a shame no ?

Thanks again for the info, it will for sure be usefull !

By the way , do you know if there is any S2000 clubs in Holland ?

Best Regards,

HRF
Old 11-01-2006, 11:34 AM

WoW,

Where did you get your insurance . Eur 500 sounds like a good deal to me!
Old 11-07-2006, 05:58 PM

HI HRF,

keep it.

Plus if your have an address in bella Italia (parents) you can keep your car registered there if you want

How long will you be in Holland? FOrever?

The racetracks are well worth it.

Nuerburring is a legand SPa is georgoues and Zolder is a real racer track (hard on the brakes an acceleration) very nice!!!
Old 11-29-2006, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by stocky,Nov 7 2006, 06:58 PM
HI HRF,

keep it.

Plus if your have an address in bella Italia (parents) you can keep your car registered there if you want

How long will you be in Holland? FOrever?

The racetracks are well worth it.

Nuerburring is a legand SPa is georgoues and Zolder is a real racer track (hard on the brakes an acceleration) very nice!!!
Hi There !

Welll ... unfortunatly I'm leaving italy for now and wont have an adress there anymore (my familly lives in Paris France , not that grat for insurance...)

For now I'm keeping it, planing on living around Hilversum, that is if I can find a little house WITH garage .......
I'll be staying there for quite a while I think, got myself a nice work contract there.

Thinking about building my S a little more Track-friendly if budget allows , like brakes, clutch, oil-pan and stuff , but will see that once found a place and there, that is around january-february 2007.

By the way , do you need winter tires (by law) ? there ? , what about car related taxes ?

Olivier
Old 12-08-2006, 05:52 AM

Hey Olivier,

You are not obliged to use winter tyres, but with the rear wheel drive and wet roads, I would certainly recommend the investment.

Do you happen to be good with the audio setup of the car? I am thinking about replacing the stock radio in my 2000 S2000 with a fancier one, but I don't want to take it to a dealer and pay top dollar.

Best regards,

Ralph

BTW: I pay 300 for insurance (per year)
Old 12-08-2006, 06:11 AM

Whow insurance is very low in Nederlands!
Old 12-08-2006, 08:14 PM

Garage a must if you bring it
Other then that beware of those horrible speed bumps
Old 12-29-2006, 01:39 PM

Thread hijacked...

Message edited by your community organizer.

Quick Reply: Moving to Amsterdam .. do I keep the S ?