European S2000 Owners Covers: Austria, Belguim, Czech, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Poland, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland.
Plus: Scandinavia and the Nordics. Covering: Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark, even Iceland, Greenland and the Faroe Islands!

Driving routes near Nice

Old 09-27-2010, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driving routes near Nice

Hi European S2000 owners, I would like to enlist your help to make the most of a last minute business trip to Nice, France. Can you recommend a few good driving routes in and around Nice that would let me enjoy some nice curves and scenery next Saturday? I am anxious to see the French riviera, and to take advantage of the best driving routes the area has to offer, but would like some local opinions before I commit to a plan. Thanks in advance for the help and opinions!

Also, can you recommend an agency and car type that would give me an adequate vehicle to enjoy those curves? I cannot spend a fortune, but am willing to spend extra for an enjoyable and somewhat performance ride (I will miss my S2K I am sure). I am flying into the Nice airport, so would like something near there.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:10 AM
BVE

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just about anywhere I guess... also, go land inwards, the route napoleon etc... awesome drives, awesome scenery.

And naturally, if you're there, drive into / through Monaco...

(if you have only one day, start planning on google maps, as you won't be able to do it all )
Old 09-30-2010, 07:57 PM

backcountry of Nice is awesome including the famous rally Monte Carlo route (Col de Turini) check it on google
Old 10-05-2010, 08:35 PM

Thanks everyone, because I was in a group, I had to limit my fun by running to/from Monaco early in the am. Was great. the benz they gave me was adequate, I was missing the S, but I would have woken EVERYONE up with the VTEC going! WE went back to Eze later in the day, I thought it very cool, even if you locals think it is a tourist trap. I was born and raised in Phoenix (which did not exist before 1950 when they invented A/C), so I am always in awe in France of old towns and historical stuff (you have wine older than most houses here). Will not be my last trip, so I will try some of your suggestions next time! Merci, and Au revoir!
Old 10-06-2010, 09:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 10-06-2010, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by azhole,Oct 5 2010, 08:35 PM
Thanks everyone, because I was in a group, I had to limit my fun by running to/from Monaco early in the am. Was great. the benz they gave me was adequate, I was missing the S, but I would have woken EVERYONE up with the VTEC going! WE went back to Eze later in the day, I thought it very cool, even if you locals think it is a tourist trap. I was born and raised in Phoenix (which did not exist before 1950 when they invented A/C), so I am always in awe in France of old towns and historical stuff (you have wine older than most houses here). Will not be my last trip, so I will try some of your suggestions next time! Merci, and Au revoir!

Glad you enjoyed, let us know earlier next time so that we can arrange a little something with locals!!

Old 10-30-2010, 05:53 PM

seems you enjoyed your trip.
indeed that area is very nice around Nice