Euromeet 2009 - 10th Anniversary Archive from this legendary meet!

The French Way Down

Old 12-13-2008, 01:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mr CJ would really like to do the Milau Viaduct but it is probably too far south. As this his my first trip abroad in the S I will leave it to the experts (and Lloyd )
Old 12-13-2008, 03:13 PM

"Also how far down France were you thinking of going? I had in mind a trek over to the Millau viaduct but am not sure if you'd be going this far south...I may have to save that for another day."

For future reference to anyone going to Millau. There is a toll charge to cross the viaduct, but you really cannot see anything from there, and there are no view points or stopping places. To appreciate the beauty of this magnificent crossing you need to leave the main road and go down into the valley. Make sure you allow time to do this!
Old 12-14-2008, 04:45 AM

Hey Lloydie

Add myself and my passenger to your gang!
Old 12-14-2008, 01:48 PM
LTB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I forgot to say Lloyd, let me know if you need local info from either the French or Italians. I am a mod for the Euromeet forum on both s2000.fr and s2kclub.it - I have plenty of contacts in both countries and can put you in touch with guys with local knowledge.

Old 12-15-2008, 03:34 AM

Thanks Lee, That was the plan, I will start finalising route and overnight stops in the New Year and seek advice from there.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:54 AM

Hi there

I might join your group as I know Suzybee and Stooky from Herts meets.

However, we are hoping to take in Monaco on the way home, so would only be driving with you lot on the way there.

I'll confer with my better half and let you know asap.

Dinibird.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by dinibird,Dec 15 2008, 01:54 PM
Hi there

I might join your group as I know Suzybee and Stooky from Herts meets.

However, we are hoping to take in Monaco on the way home, so would only be driving with you lot on the way there.

I'll confer with my better half and let you know asap.

Dinibird.
Hi,
I chose the French route down as I intended to go back via Germany and the Nurburgring, two of the fours days will be spent in France ducking into Italy on the morning of the 10th. I may try to get to the Herts meet on the 28th so if you are there we can have a chat.
Lloyd
Old 12-17-2008, 07:40 AM

[QUOTE=Kawasakivtec,Dec 12 2008, 12:36 PM] Hi All,
I have stuck my name in the hat and offered to lead a group down to Italy for the Eurotrip and LadyB has kindly offered to help with the planning.

Our initial plans are to head down through France leaving on the morning of Tue 7th April skirting Switzerland, and crossing into Italy where we will spend as much of the route in the hills, along lake Como arriving at the meet on the Friday.

The first night stop will be in Reims a relatively short days drive but for those who would be interested we will try and get some sort of wine or chapagne tour organised for that afternoon/evening with a relaxed start the next day.

A further day will be spent driving south through France before will head for the hills on Thursday to cross into Italy where the driving should be more picturesque and a taster for what the weekend holds.

The return drive will be more direct heading back north through Germany stopping at the Nurburgring so I can tick that off the list of things to do! Before catching the ferry back on the evening of the 15th.

The route will be avoiding tolls and hopefully getting of the beaten track, mileage will average less than 300 a day with speeds that hopefully will not attract unwanted attention!

As far as costs go, the ferry crossing I am looking at with Norfolklines is less than
Old 12-18-2008, 12:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Lee

Can you add my name to your list please. I will be travelling on my own as both my kids have dropped out!

By the way, I went to Reims last year and went to the Mercier Champagne house at Epernay for a tour which was excellent. You go underground in a little train round the cellars which run underground all the way to the centre of Epernay.
Old 12-22-2008, 03:50 AM

Mr Mac - nice to see you in this group - you'll finally get to meet Mr CJ

Quick Reply: The French Way Down