Engine Swaps Discussion of alternate engine swaps into the S2000 other than F20/22. K24, 2JZ, V6, V8 etc...

S2000 K20A2 Swap

Old 05-18-2022, 02:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

WOW I completely forgot to get back on here once I got it running haha

Originally Posted by bimmer81
Hi there, did you get the car up and running?
Yes I did and it's lovely
Originally Posted by veiri86
Many Thanks that was extremely helpfu. Am about to start the same process. But I have K24. So my question is will the "Intake Manifold Adapter – JSP" which says for K20 fit my K24?

Thanks
Can't remember the exact specifics, but I think it has to do with the position of your coolant passage location. Most will work, but I can't say for sure yours will

Originally Posted by Jub
K24 blocks are taller. I'm not familiar with the nuances of S2000 swaps but in civics a k24 meant a compromise in either hood raising or a low oil pan. It also does not rev as high reliably which is one of the desired characteristics of a s2000. I believe the k20 is also more ideal in terms of certain architectural considerations (rod/stroke ratio for one) which indicate that it is theoretically more stout. There is still no replacement for displacement in terms of pure numbers but that doesn't negate that a k20 may be preferred in some instances.

Using the look of someone's front bumper of a second+ car as a proxy to their bank account/net worth is pretty stupid. It's really bad logic and pretty insulting. Lots of times, the ones with the fanciest front bumpers are the most broke. The ones with the beat up bumpers laugh at the ones with the fancy bumpers for thinking they fancy.
Thanks for the backup, I figured the engine was more important than the bumper haha
Originally Posted by Bullwings
To add to this, also depends on the application and how it's used. Its not always about peak numbers. I too would pick a K20 over a K24 and rev it to the moon...

skip to 6:05 for why he went K20 over K24. Pretty sure it's not because he's a broke ass....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3bEGpvIUVI
Honestly, I went K20 cause it was already in my garage, but I do like the revs
Originally Posted by JonC
I enjoy skimming through the forums to read build threads like this. If we didnt have talented people doing interesting projects, we'd just be left with a forum full of negative twats like you insulting people because you have nothing else better to do during your day.
Thank you! Talented is a stretch lol
Originally Posted by zze86
Any updates to this? Would love to hear how this turns out.
Oh it runs, like a dream
Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_
Holy shit this is a great thread. Getting ready to do a similar swap in my car. Will be saving this one.
Good deal, PM me if you have any troubles

Old 08-05-2022, 09:51 AM

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Michigan Maize
WOW I completely forgot to get back on here once I got it running haha

Yes I did and it's lovely

Can't remember the exact specifics, but I think it has to do with the position of your coolant passage location. Most will work, but I can't say for sure yours will

Thanks for the backup, I figured the engine was more important than the bumper haha

Honestly, I went K20 cause it was already in my garage, but I do like the revs

Thank you! Talented is a stretch lol

Oh it runs, like a dream

Good deal, PM me if you have any troubles
Hey! I just bought a K swapped S2k and know little about how the AC works. Can you walk me through how you connected the heater core hoses and AC lines?
Old 09-22-2022, 02:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New owner update

I now own this car and it's going strong as a daily!
60 mile commute a day.